Daylight Savings starting early this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerocket

Reaction score
Daylight Savings will start March 11th this year -- messes up your computer if you need for the "time" to be accurate -- Windows has "fixes" available if you download them --- or -- you can do what we are planning on doing - just leaving it alone as we don't care what time our computer thinks it is -- we will let it change at the old time.

Just wondering if anyone else is thinking about early Daylight savings --- another hour of DARKNESS in the morning ---- and less sleep at night (who sleeps well when its daylight and you have lots to get done) --

No longer SPRING FORWARD as it is not spring yet -- so WINTER FORWARD??? :eek:

hmmm

comments - observations -- anyone??
default_wacko.png
:

I never like the spring forward part but do love the fall-back "extra" hour.

:aktion033: :risa8: :new_multi: I'm way excited! I look forward to the time change every spring and I'm thrilled that they moved it up three weeks! And that it'll be a week later in the fall before we change back! I love the evening light! A little darker in the morning is nothing to me compared to the reality of having the sun set at 7:20 instead of 6:20 here!

As for the computers and such, couldn't care less. I can always change it manually
default_smile.png

I've NEVER liked the time change, and if I had my way, I'd live in Arizona or Hawaii where they don't observe it.
default_yes.gif
: Not to mention that I'd just plain like to live in Arizona or Hawaii :bgrin One hour of lost sleep, well if we never changed time in the first place we wouldn't gain or lose anything :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE IT! Means I can do more in the evening!!! :aktion033:

:aktion033: :risa8: :new_multi: I'm way excited! I look forward to the time change every spring and I'm thrilled that they moved it up three weeks! And that it'll be a week later in the fall before we change back! I love the evening light! A little darker in the morning is nothing to me compared to the reality of having the sun set at 7:20 instead of 6:20 here!

As for the computers and such, couldn't care less. I can always change it manually
default_smile.png

I've NEVER liked the time change, and if I had my way, I'd live in Arizona or Hawaii where they don't observe it.
default_yes.gif
: Not to mention that I'd just plain like to live in Arizona or Hawaii :bgrin One hour of lost sleep, well if we never changed time in the first place we wouldn't gain or lose anything :eek:
Me, too! Except for the live in Arizona or Hawaii, both are too hot for me. I wish we would just stay on the spring time year round and leave it; I need my afternoon daylight hours.

I am very happy about it show season begins, working horses in the evening can now go longer heck I love lighter later always..

You bet I care!!! :aktion033: I'm lovin' and all excited about the earlier time change for more daylight! Whippeee!!!
default_yes.gif
: :risa8: Means the boys will start to shed out, and I can start planning my sessions with them....night peepers will start crawling out from under their rocks, birds will start chirping, fish will start swimming in the pond and lazy days ahead abound!!! Oh welcoome WELCOME the prelude to spring!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Hey....anyone ever notice how hard it is to click on Mr. Banana man up there when you're trying to put him into your post?!
default_wacko.png
: He won't sit still!

:aktion033: OH YES!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO ready! I am not an early morning person anyway, and I prefer the light at the end of the day, rather than the beginning of it. I normally don't get up until 8:00-8:30am, so it won;t affect me. I LOVE the longer daylight in the evenings. Yes, I am SOOOOOOO ready, and SOOOOOO looking forward to it! BRING IT ON! I wish they would just leave it set at that time year round and never set it back!!

I am soooooo ready!!!! I work full time and the time change gives me time to actually get something done after work with my horses. I wish they would change it to daylight savings time and leave it that way.

Gee, I'm so "aware" that I didn't know it was going to happen early until I read this post! LOL!

I'll just change my computer clock.
default_yes.gif
:

Care? care? I am thrilled..more daylight..springs really gonna get here one day
default_wacko.png
: to heck with time clocks on the puter.

I love the thought of more daylight...now only if it would warm up!!!

It will be a pain for me though as I work on Saturday night until 10pm, drive an hour home and have to get up at 4:30am to be back at work at 6:15am and I loose and hour of sleep on top of it.

I can see I am a scrooge --- I get up at 5:00 now -- in the barn around 6 and out again at 7 - just now has started being daylight when I leave (sunrise today was 7:02) - I find it very hard to get up and get going in the mornings in the dark.

I do enjoy the extra hours of daylight at the end of the day - but to get up at 5 - I have to be in bed close to 8 -- so miss some of that too.

My real preference would be just to stay on Daylight Savings all the time - permanently move up the time zone. I would have an easier time adjusting to it.

Well - it helps to know so many OTHER people are overjoyed about this --- I will go sulk on my own.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I hate the time change.... I get up in the dark, I go to bed in the dark, so I have the same amount of daylight no matter what the clock says. the only thing it does to me is shift everything around an hour and give me a horrible case of insomnia twice a year.

*makes an angry face and stomps off*

Its great and all that we get an extra hour at the end of the day, but I have to wake up at 6:30am to get ready for school and everything. For the past couple of weeks its been nice because its light when I go out. So, you could say I'm not really looking forward to it, but what can you do.

Yaaaayyyyyyy!! That means I will have TIME to do things when I get home from work!!! Time to work in the garden, time to work with the horses, time to sit on the swing and read as the ponies munch their dinner....happy sigh!

I am another one who hates the time change. Getting up in the darka again makes it seem drearier.

And I never do get caught up on my sleep.

:eek: Also storming off!!!

Bon

I am one that wishes the time was left normally!
default_sad.png
There is only so many hours of light during a day no matter how much the clocks are messed with! My body clock just hates being messed with. :eek: Mary

I am another one who hates the time change. Getting up in the darka again makes it seem drearier.

And I never do get caught up on my sleep.

:eek: Also storming off!!!

Bon

I am one that wishes the time was left normally!
default_sad.png
There is only so many hours of light during a day no matter how much the clocks are messed with! My body clock just hates being messed with. :eek: Mary
at least i'm not alone. Misery loves company and all that.
default_wink.png
:

I think the dread I feel knowing I have the insomnia to look forward to is almost as bad as the insomnia itself. If I didn't love where I live so darn much I'd move somewhere that doesn't have daylight saving time changes. The troubles my biological clock has with adjusting seem to get worse and worse every year, too. I used to have a bad week after the time change, this year after the fall change I never fully recovered and my sleep has been screwed up ever since. I just hope this time it doesn't hit as hard as it did in the fall.

I had to come back and add....

One thing I love, love love about the spring and summer months is waking up with the chickens (still dark outside) and feeding horses and livestock. Just being out in nature, sometimes when the moon is still full, listening to the horses eat their grain and snuffle thru their hay, and just listening to all that before the daylight wakes everything up is just a feeling I cannot describe. Then watching as the night turns to daylight, just beautiful!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back