Daughter working in disaster relief

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
We just got off the phone with my daughter who left for the New Orleans area in the early hours last Sunday morning. She works as a nurse and does part time relief (vacations maternity etc) on Life flight as a flight nurse. When they got to Baton Rouge they were held there because they could not get authorization to fly into the New Orleans area until late Monday. Seems there were no provisions for them to transport people to or from anyplace. Once they got started it was non stop until last night (Sunday evening) and they were released to come home this morning. One incident stuck in her mind, a drug addict tried to hijack the helicopter with a knife. Other than that she found it pretty satisfying and if needed would go back tomorrow. Her husband who has been taking care of the four kids by himself was ready for her to come home. Most of her time was spent in the outskirts of New Orleans working in the more rural areas where the risks to civilians was much lower. I have got to say I am proud of her for taking time from her life and family to go help the storm victims.

aktion033.gif
You have every right to be proud! I'm sure she's helped hundreds if not thousands of people in this deperate time!
aktion033.gif

You have every right to be proud.
aktion033.gif
My brother is a paramedic and went to Mississippi early this morning.

Robin

Thank your daughter for me for helping us.

My god bless her 10 fold for that.

Thanks again,

Joyce

Your daughter sounds like a chip of the old block.
biggrin.gif

I'm real proud of your daughter Geese. I bet she could write a book about the events that took place (good and bad). Thanks for sharing her story.

Please extend my thanks to her also and let her know how proud we are of her. Definitely a chip off the old block.
aktion033.gif

Give your daughter a hug from me geese.

My son in law is a lineman and will be leaving today to help out down there. Some crews have been there for a while, but sleeping in their trucks and the poor living conditions are (IMO) not conducive to working with live wires. As it is, they work 14 to 16 hour days anyway. I'm really glad he waited for a week to go down.

God Bless all the volunteers!!!

God bless your daughter, Geese. She and the other folks "crossing the line of fire", so to speak are truly wonderful examples of the good in human beings.

MA

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
It's very heartwarming to hear stories like this. You must be very proud of her!

That is wonderful, Geese...you should be very, very proud of her...

WOW you should be proud......puff those feathers out you definately raised her right
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back