Darla's official foaling thread.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
try to remember Jess, That HE will not give you more than you can handle. It is the most stressful thing to have to endure terminal illness of a family member. Stressfull for the entire family and those around you. You are focussing on your m.i.l. and I feel that this is where you are needed most at this time. I also am praying for your family.

I too am sending prayers to your family. I think you and your family are under alot of stress and Im sorry you are going through this. Terminal illnesses do affect the whole family and all around them.

I do hope no one call/text/pm you and apologized for any of my behavior or comments concerning Darlas health...this is her thread !!I still stand by what I posted and still think you want to do the right thing but sometimes only hear what you want to hear. Im like that too at times but have learned that the truth does hurt at times and at first I do take offense but then in the end have learned to eat a lot of crow...it doesnt always taste good but in the end Im usually glad I ate it!! Hope you and your vet can help Darla feel better soon!!

I meant no offense Jess, in fact I nursed my own Mother through 4 years of Alheimers (sp?) at home, so I do know quite a bit about the strains and stresses of terminal illness. But it did not stop me having concerns about the other people and animals that needed me during all that time.

I have never stopped saying prayers for you, your hubby, your MIL and other members of your family at this difficult time, but this is also Darla's thread and at the beginning you asked for our help and advice from when you first thought it might be possible that she was in foal. I'm just expressing my concerns and will be keeping Darla in my prayers as well.

So very sorry to hear the news of your Mother-in-Law's passing Jess.

Please accept my sincere and heartfelt sympathies. Will be saying prayers for you, your Hubby and the family.

So Sorry you guys are going through this right now, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
default_pray.gif

Jess. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother in law
default_no.gif

May she rest in peace.

Jess and family~ I would first like to send my condolences and though we miss them when they go I Pray God gives you Peace in knowing that Mom is Healthy and Happy now...and we will all be reunited one day.

As for Darla, I have been watching her since she came on and can see that she is in much pain as I am sure your well aware of. I know that it must break your heart as it does anyone that watches her with you but with everything else you are going through right now in your Life I was wondering if maybe there was a Large Veterinary Hospital that might take her run some tests and watch her and possibly train students at the same time with the exception that she is returned after she foals and is treated for whatever the problem turns out to be,which I believe with all my heart it is more than what the Vet diagnosed.

This all just happens to be at a very stressful time in your Life unfortunatley for Darla and yourself and I really believe that there are enough people that would even donate twards her vet bill if there was one through Marestare and otherwise.

The banamine if it hasn't already will have some very bad side effects if continued to be used daily on her kidney's and liver and then of course there is the foal to concider. Bute would also have bad effects with stomach and ulcer's so its kind of a lose ,lose situation and I hate to see Darla and yourself to have to go through that.

I am up just about every night ALL night and that little mare is in ALOT of pain,constantly. I don't believe its only her foot at all, its all of them and possibly a whole lot more.

I am not bashing or telling you in any way what to do as GOD knows I have had my share of mishaps in my Life but I am one to at least try to make suggestions when I can IF they might help and this is just one of them. Sometimes's so many things are going on at the same time we don't have time to think at all for ourselve's but I have actually been in a strange situation with a cow and a hospital did just that for me
default_smile.png

Your all in my PRAYER'S and I wish the Best for your Family in this time of grieving and definitley for the best outcome for your little mare Darla and her foal.......

GOD BLESS~ Wendi

So sorry about your MIL.... I know it's a difficult time for you and your family.

Jan

Hey girl ,ty!~ I know they have alot going on but that poor girl NEVER gets a good sleep with the pain she is in. She also seems to be trying to roll on her back alot which can be a sign of positioning which also concerns me

I was just trying to think of ideas which could help everyone out including Darla, it just breaks my heart, I've been watching her since she came on.....

I saw where some blood work was done? but haven't seen what the resuls were unless she isn't posting them ......... I dunno Well, maybe we willl get an update soon...she such a sweet little mare you can tell and so young to have to go through this with her first pregnancy
default_sad.png

I hope I didn't offend with my post as it wasn't put there to offend but rather to offer a suggestion......and along with a few people that prabably know nothing about horse's,there are ALOT of people on these site's that are very "Horse savy" that will offer and/or appreciate an opinion/suggestion when baffled...

I know I would ,but everyone is different.... I'm here for the animal,thats all
default_smile.png
If she were mine she would be heading to a Hospital for observation and tests,x rays and ultra sounds,this could be a rotated coffin bone,laminitis or even worse a breech foal.......but "SOMETHING" is not right and I'm just worried for all involved exspecially Darla.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another lonnnnnnnng night.....I'm glad I found this thread to post because Darla DID NOT sleep at all from all the pain she is in. I don't know how she is going to have any strength left for pushing when the time really does come.
default_sad.png

I hope Jess is reading her posts as I was reading back on the posts to see when this started and she really started showing signs Aug.21st..... that foal may not be in a good possition along with whateer else is giving her all this pain.

All that fleming is from pain ,she constantly has her mouth open even when laying down...........the stiff legs,the stretching of her neck.......she showing alot of signs that shes in pain poor girl. I sure hope this is all over for her soon because as much as I DON'T want to watch I can't help but worry about her and her foal.......

Here Here
default_aktion033.gif
..Im sorry Jess Im not having a go at you whatsoever and I know your under alot of stress but please please look at the poor pony in a different light..she is suffering and like Wendi I too watch her as you know..no body is forcing me to watch i know that.. I do it because I enjoy watching them all not just Darla..she wasnt always like this..you came as we all do looking for support and to share experiances and was happy to ask and take advice before she got like this..now Im concerned and so are alot of other watchers ..you just tell us to mind our own buisiness and if we dont like it dont watch !!..we all have a connection with these ponies we watch day in day out waiting to see them produce a new life..because we enjoy it and try to be extra eyes when their carers are so tired they need to sleep..Im sure this will fall on deaf ears as everyone elses messages of concern have but surely by now you must have a very large question mark in your head..Im praying for Darla along with everyone else thats CARES that you as her soul carer takes some serious action very soon so she can live her life once again without constant pain

I am not sure if Jess is still reading this thread maybe bc she is just too busy /tired with her personal problems or maybe she just doesn't want to hear our thoughts but this is what Jess wrote on MS to explain Darla's VERY painful night:

I think she may have been sore from her foot. She walked ALOT yesterday and I have been reducing her pain meds. She really enjoyed her day out. I will probably rewrap her foot and let her out again today. We will be at home until later in the afternoon. Her ph hasn't dropped. Still 7.2.

Jess, I know you don't care what I think but I still REALLY believe that Darla should be sent to a clinic with mini experience for treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back