cross your fingers for me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billiethekid40

Reaction score
Well, a couple of months ago I was looking into a barn near here to board that was on a bus route. After doing some research and riding the route I discovered it just wasn't something I could live with. A long bus route was met with a deadly highway crossing, so it was a no-go. It just wouldn't have been practical or safe for me to go the distance no matter how much I wanted my horse back. Not to mention the new job I took that promised so much didnt pan out. instead of being full time or close I was getting 10 hours every second week and a few phone calls on between to cover shifts on occasion for other people. In all over 3 minths I have worked about 50 hours for them, yet I put in over 30 hours of my own unpaid time for training (which i cancleed shifts at my other job to do).

So this week I applied at a call center that opened up right next door ( I walk out my door and in 5 minuites I am there, I can see it from my building!) and I'm already working and getting paid. I am on the shift for close to full time hours already. (30+ a week) So I've decided to start barn shopping again, and found a place that should be a shorter bus ride, with about a 10 minuite walk at the other end and the bus picking and dropping me up almost at my door. So tomorrow I'm going out to talk to the owner and make sure the travel is OK before I get my hopes up. But all things considered, I really could have my horse back in 4-6 weeks!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Well, I'm leaving in about a half hour to go to the barn and meet the owner. I hope there are some forum people sending some vibes for me. This is mega important to me, so I'm just hopeing the place works out and isn't terribly expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck -- hope you find a barn that works out for you - and congrats on your new job. How nice you don't have to commute to it!

JJay

Thanks for the good vibes. The barn turns out to be just great! Everything I need at a great price. The commute is a little less than great, but its something I can live with, especially since I don't commute to work anymore. Miles of trails, friendly people, clean facilities in good repair and happy healthy horses. not too many boarders and I kind of have my own little section away from everyone anyway, so i can mingle as much or as little as I want. We will be the only mini there, but at least we will have people who will ride on the trails with us if we want company sometimes. I'm just thrilled, because the price is even better than I had hoped, so all things considered, I think this will be a definate go, hopefully for May but by Mid may at the latest.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back