Crochet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annabellarose

Reaction score
Do any of you crochet? What is your favorite type of crochet to do? Regular? Tunisian? Entrelac? Filet? What are your favorite items to crochet? Hats? Scarves? Baby items? Afghans? What are your favorite fibers/yarns to crochet with? Acrylic? Wool? Cotton? Bamboo?

I started crocheting late last fall and I think that I am doing well, but I am a perfectionist and I am still not fully satified with the quality of my work, I still feel like I am in "practice mode". I am only doing very basic stitches at this stage (chain, slip, single, half-double, double), but in the future I would like to try Tunisian. I love making hats and scarves and I just started my first afghan, I am thinking about giving it as either a housewarming gift or a wedding gift. I prefer working with wool or wool blend yarns, but their cost has been prohibitive, mainly because I want my work to improve before I move on to the more expensive fibers/yarns, so I mainly use acrylic or cotton yarns.

20130207_105609.jpg

20130207_105353.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to crochet. I've made afghans, shawls, towel borders, collars for dolls... I like to buy the stashes of thread at auctions--such pretty colors that don't seem to be available in the new balls. I crocheted a large tablecloth many years ago. I started out making doilies--does that date me???

Don't use yarn as much, but there sure are some gorgeous skeins out there! I like the headband you did.

Love the photos of your crocheting. You are very good at it.

I crochet. My favorite things to make are hats and scarves. Here are some photos of items I have made.

BabyAfghanSmaller.jpg
StephaniesHatScarfSmaller.jpg
EllieHatScarfSmaller.jpg

My favorite patterns are in these two books Crochet Hats and Crochet Scarves . I like to try new yarns and I buy them mostly for the colors that I like. Most of my things are for presents and I like to keep things washable, so most times I prefer acrylic blends or cotton.

Lois

I am looking for a crochet pattern for a slouch hat. I can find plenty of knitting patterns, but so far not that perfect crochet pattern. I want to make it with a mohair blend yarn.

Lois

I really like that gray scarf! Was that a variegated or color changing yarn or did you alternate the colors/shades yourself? Gray, tan, sage, heathers, and tweeds are my favorites to work with.

Yes, it was Rainbow Wool by Yarn Bee. It is now discontinued. This was the last of it that I had in my stash.

I made this for my youngest son's girlfriend for Christmas and loved how it turned out...if I could find more, I would make myself a set just like it. It was a Wool, Mohair, Acrylic blend the color name was Nightfall. The hat pattern was in the book, Crochet Hats, that I linked above. The scarf I just made with the same stitch as the hat.

Lois

I love to crochet - I really like to do lace, but I haven't in years.

I made this baby blanket for my BFF's baby girl last year. (Photo and baby by her, blanket by me hehe)

530281_10150839672086335_522601580_n.jpg

And this year I made chicken hats for all "my" little people (none of them actually mine
default_wink.png
) - I don't have a picture, so you'll have to take my word for it ... so cute! hehe

Very nice Kendra. Love the color combination!

I made our 7 year old grandsons hats with beards for Christmas. I didn't take photos either but they were fun to make.

Lois

Now I have a question! (I am completely clueless when it comes to this so take that into account
default_giveup.gif
default_yes.gif
)

What is the difference between knitting and crochet? I have a blanket from my grandma, who is now passed, I'm not sure if it's knitted or crochet?

Thanks!

Very nice Kendra. Love the color combination!

I made our 7 year old grandsons hats with beards for Christmas. I didn't take photos either but they were fun to make.

Lois
I saw those on etsy! So cute - I stole the chicken hat idea from etsy, and the colourful baby blanket.

Now I have a question! (I am completely clueless when it comes to this so take that into account
default_giveup.gif
default_yes.gif
)

What is the difference between knitting and crochet? I have a blanket from my grandma, who is now passed, I'm not sure if it's knitted or crochet?

Thanks!
Do you have a picture of it? Take a closeup of the stitching, I'm sure someone here can tell you what you've got.

I am impressed by all of your works!! I might have directions for a slouch hat somewhere in my 'stuff', I will have to look.

I stick to acrylic worsted type yarn mostly, I want to be able to put things in the wash without shrinking, the last afghan I made I adorned with flowers like the above scarf and hat, but I gave it away without photoing it. I do work with pearl cotton to make snowflake ornaments, flowers, trims, etc.

Made some adjustable ribbon crocheted necklaces for my daughter and two granddaughters.

CrochetNecklaces.jpg

Latest posts

Back