help me decide

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i finished my afghan, finally! my son's g/f got me the loveliest yarn for x-mas and i've been working on this for the last couple of weeks. it's the "kitten" pattern. can you see the rows and rows of kittens? heads/paws...heads/paws?

anyway, i can't decide if i should put fringe at each end. what do ya think?

i'm keeping this one for myself! i usually make these and give them as gifts but this one will be mine, all mine. the only other afghan i had was one i made for gary when we first got together. he always said that next to me, that was his favorite thing in the whole world. it took me forever, he was 6'4" so i made it extra extra huge. he loved it so much, i had him buried with it.
default_smile.png

afghan2.jpg

I don't have an opinion on the fringe, but wanted to say that I LOVE this! The kittens are adorable and the colors are wonderful! Great job!

Amy

I love the color!
default_wub.png

Deffanatly put fringe on it!

default_wink.png

Better be careful Charlene, too many people will be requesting one like this
default_smile.png
Yrs fringe but not reall heavy fringe:)

Maxine

Charlene, it's beautiful! I love handmade things such as this. Reminds me of my grandmother, who made afghans as well as quilts.

I say it would look nice, either way, but the fringe might just set it off, nicely. Not thick, or long fringe, but it would probably look beautiful.

Great work! Thank you for sharing the pattern. My grandma would have loved the "kitten" pattern.

Liz

thanks so much, everybody. i love this pattern too, it's SO easy to do and is one of those i have done so often, much of it is done by "feel" without even looking.
default_smile.png

i opted for the fringe, here is the finished product...

afghanfinished.jpg

now, if only i can keep the lollipop kids off of it!!
default_biggrin.png

What talent. That is a very cool pattern with beautiful yarn! You did a fantastic job.
default_aktion033.gif

Charlene,

It's absolutely beautiful! My Mom used to make afghans. I have several and love them. She passed 2 yrs. ago and I do miss her. She had a stroke about 2-3 years before she passed and the only thing that seemed affected was her ability to crochet. She couldn't remember how to 'tie off' or start. It really upset her as she missed it so much. I never learned, so I couldn't help her. I did buy her a 'beginning' book, but she just couldn't get it thru her head anymore. Very sad.

Pam

That is beautiful, can you share the patteren please?
i would be happy to! here's a link to the pattern...

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/cudafg.html

i've done this pattern for many years. the one i have calls for black, white, gray yarn but i have deviated lots of times. i use this pattern for baby afghans, i just use a size smaller hook and use pastel colors.

thanks again everyone, glad you like it. aww pam, that truly is sad. so sorry for your loss. i bet you really treasure the afghans your momma made!

That is so pretty. I like the fringe too.

I've never seen the kitty pattern before. I used to crochet a lot, but haven't done anything in several years.

very nice! hhmmm, do they have a horsey pattern? lol just kidding... lovely piece!!! i'll bet the baby ones are cute in pastels...

my grandma used to crochet too. i have a bedspread that she made me, the kind where you do a bunch of squares and then crochet them all together... it was for my double bed, then when i got a king-sized she said to give it back to her... and she added several more rows around so it would fit! i was thrilled - that's a great thing about crochet!!

Latest posts

Back