Credit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_cowgirl

Reaction score
Well I've had a few things come up in the last few years that require credit and I don't have any (or I don't think) since I don't have a credit card.

So my question to you is how do you choose a credit card, beside APR and annual fees?

Besides just finding one with good APR and no annual fees etc., I don't whether it'd be better or worse to choose a student credit card or just a regular one?! Do student ones go away after you graduate and turn into "regular" ones? Most of the research I've done shows a lot of credit cards offer rewards. I can't drive, but I have been flying once or twice a year in the last couple years so I was possibly looking for one with airline rewards and found a few but I just don't know how to choose.

I'm not that worried about the APR thing (I know their higher on the student CCs and its probably going to be high just cause i'm "new") because I don't plan to use it much - maybe once a year to keep it active - and I'd pay it off in full immediately, thus not too concerned about it. What are the pros and cons to normal ones or student ones?

Just don't know what else to look for. And this is going to sound like an even stupid-ier question, but on all the info on the websites I can't find a limit. Is that per person, you don't find that out til ya find out whether they accept ya or not?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fees and especially APRs vary A LOT from card to card.

If you plan to pay it off every month, then the APR isn't a factor (would only come into play if you didn't pay it off monthly).

Something else you can looking into. If there are any stores around with sales that offer 12 months same as cash or anything to that effect, go buy something. If its 12 months split the entire cost into 11 payments so you will pay off a month early and not pay interest and you have something new and good credit. Trust me, it really helps when you go to buy something huge, that credit score can make or break you.

Latest posts

Back