Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grand daughters were here over the weekend. I showed them my aprons, and one of them loved the one I was least pleased with--she loved the colors. Which just goes to show that we can be too critical of our own works. She said "I love that one" and I said, "Here, it's yours. Don't ever admire something someone has crafted unless you want it as a gift--we are always looking for recipients of our over-production!" She is taking a sewing class, and the apron she chose had no pocket. So I suggested as a good project for her class, she could add a pocket to it. I'll be interested to see if she follows through with the idea.
In between craft projects at the moment, so I need to find one. I'm over the toadstool/apron mania and need to move on! (They were not repelled by the sock monkey, but neither said she loved it, so I'm keeping it for a while longer.)

Hi y'all!🤗

Just touching bases, as I've been busy catching up on class work from being ill with Covid.

I've found someone local who refurbishes and sells classic/vintage machines. I'll being coming here for advice and opinions over the next few weeks as I work out what machine will be best for me.

I thank you in advance for your help.😁

They live 2 hours away and she was taking a class where they store their projects on a shelf and someone lifted her actual first quilt top before she was done putting the back on it, so she said "I really had to scramble to get this done before the class ended."

Can you imagine?! She took it a lot better than I would have!

Silver City? Are you thinking what I am thinking?….. If a 9 year old can sew THAT, then you can do it too!! 😍😍♥♥

That really is impressive 💕💕

Why yes, yes I was! If she can make that SPECTACULAR quilt, then I can make....well....WHAT ever I like.😆😁

A serious question: would 8 layers of denim be equivalent to canvas? If a machine can sew through those 8 layers, I figured it should be able to handle canvas. Then I thought, canvas may be woven differently and would break needles or ruin internal gears.

Help!!😂

Why yes, yes I was! If she can make that SPECTACULAR quilt, then I can make....well....WHAT ever I like.😆😁

A serious question: would 8 layers of denim be equivalent to canvas? If a machine can sew through those 8 layers, I figured it should be able to handle canvas. Then I thought, canvas may be woven differently and would break needles or ruin internal gears.

Help!!😂
Canvas would probably not be as thick as 8 layers of denim. Appropriate needle, as Chandab says. I've never tried to sew canvas, as in tent repair, but I have sewn woven handles onto my harness bag, repaired face masks and also winter blankets. The face mask was the hardest because of the plastic.

I told you I did pottery many years ago and thought I didn't have anything left to show for it when I found this pit fired piece in the back of a storage cupboard! I thought I posted it the other day but can't find the post. (Sorry if it is a repeat.) It was in the ground over night with a fire and sprinkled with iron oxides so I didn't know what it would look like til I dug it up in the morning.

20220308_224443.jpg

Latest posts

Back