Cows on Parade? Do you know anything about these.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwest2u2

Reaction score
I went to a moving sale yesterday and picked up a couple of these, they must of had 100 of them. Some of them have hand witten numbers on them. I have looked on the internet and can't find out much info on them. I plan on going back to there sale and getting more. But I would like to chat with someone that collects them or knows more info on them. THanks

l wanna see l love cows
default_biggrin.png
but there's no pix or link...

I dont collect Cows on Parade, but I do collect the Dept. 56 snow village, dickens village, and New England village, Breyer holiday horses, charming tails and Precious Moments, and now just started to collect the lemax village, I get most of my pieces off of ebay. I went and looked up your cows on parade and there are around 100 plus listed on there. Maybe if your looking for "selling prices" you could check that out. Also, google and see if there are any forums for cows on parade collectors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally they were started as a fund raiser for a town ( dont remeber the town...Mid West I believe )..they were 12 big life size plastic statues that local artists were asked to decorate any way they liked...they were then auctioned off at a big Charity event. Different local business and private citizens bid on them. They then had them displayed around town. It was such a big hit that they decided to do them in miniature...now I'm not sure if they are all designed by the same person or if they have many designers like parade of ponies.....

Our town in Fla. did the same thing with life size gators.....they had one person make 12 big lifesize acrylic aligators and different businesses paid lots of $ to the charity to get one....then they all designed their own...they are still on display 24/7 along the main street of Naples....tourists love them....and they do have some really fun names and designs. I dont believe they were ever made in miniature though.

http://www.cowparade.com/inc/aboutus.php

I see you have gotten several answers... That is the link to the actual cow parade site... There have been MANY cities in the US that have held a cow parade - the first in the US was Chicago - (I believe the idea came from Switzerland but am not positive about that origin). The money raised from auctioning the cows goes to various charities... You can see a list of all the charities that have benefited on that site... The cows are not plastic - they are fiberglass and then local artists paint them in whatever design they like. The artists do get paid for the painting but they do not own the cow...

I live just outside of Lindsborg KS and they have "wild dalas" http://www.dalahorse.com/dala_horse_lindsborg.html

But they are basically the same except instead of cows they are swedish dala horses that are painted.. I believe there are 30 of them in town now but I could be wrong on the count -- that was the original amount they planned to place and I am not sure if they exceeded that or not...

We went to Chicago for our anniversary one year and saw most of the cows on parade. It was really cool. They were all painted by different artists with different themes. You can even find a book about them. They were much like the Trail of Painted Ponies that everyone loves now.....just the cows were the originals.

Oh I LOVE Them!!! Super fun collectable! They are made by Westland Gift and (in my opinion
default_biggrin.png
) are just as nice and fun to collect as Painted Ponies! I collect the ponies but given the chance you have to get a few I'd definately add those cutie cows to my collection!!! If it were me I'd make her a offer on all of them!!! Then go through them and either part with the ones you don't really care for on Ebay or put them away to display at another time! I'd go get them!!!!
default_xreiter.gif
Have fun desplaying them!!

Leya

We went to Chicago for our anniversary one year and saw most of the cows on parade. It was really cool. They were all painted by different artists with different themes. You can even find a book about them. They were much like the Trail of Painted Ponies that everyone loves now.....just the cows were the originals.
Well I went back and got the tin man, wizard of oz and one other one. They told me the found more that are still in the boxes and I am going back on Wednesday to see them and I might just make an offer on all of them. They are just too cute.

Oh I LOVE Them!!! Super fun collectable! They are made by Westland Gift and (in my opinion
default_biggrin.png
) are just as nice and fun to collect as Painted Ponies! I collect the ponies but given the chance you have to get a few I'd definately add those cutie cows to my collection!!! If it were me I'd make her a offer on all of them!!! Then go through them and either part with the ones you don't really care for on Ebay or put them away to display at another time! I'd go get them!!!!
default_xreiter.gif
Have fun desplaying them!!
Leya
If you are looking for any particulate ones I can see if they have them. I would be more than glad to pick them up for you ans ship it to you for cost.

Back