Could Use Some Prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanothercowgirl

Reaction score
For my Step-Dad Larry, his kidney's are failing, he was admitted to the hospital yesterday and it looks like he is facing dialysis very soon. He has told us he would not do that kind of treatment, he would rather just die but he was surprised, I think, to be told yesterday that if he refused treatment his life expectancy would only be about two weeks. He lives to farm and he has an absolute grump on that he is in the hospital and planting season is here(honestly that is his biggest gripe right now) I am really hoping that when it comes down to it he will do the treatments, he always gives us a hard time, he has had a quadruple bypass, hip replacement and a bunch of other stuff, complaining the whole way that he's NOT doing that, no way un-uh and then he does. So if you can spare us some good thoughts and prayers we could use them right now.

Pammy

I will be praying for him. Dialysis isn't easy but I'd choose that and did over the alternative. Is there any possibility of him qualifying for a tansplant?

Amanda

Oh no, how awful this must be for your family. I am sending prayers for all of you, and praying extra hard that your step-dad, Larry, will have the strength to accept the treatment offered to help him live longer.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

I'm sorry, that must be so hard on him. All the things he has already been through. I will keep him in my prayers.

~Karen

You absolutely have my good thoughts and prayers for your step-dad. I know first hand how hard headed they can be when it comes to being in the hospital and them being patients.
default_wink.png
: When my Dad fell down the stairs last summer, he was not a good patient as he has no patience. I know it's not a walk in the park, but it would be so much easier if they would settle for a spell and let the doctors and nurses do what they need to so they can get out quickly as possible. I will be lifting your step-dad up in prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pammy, I'm sending everything I have to give and strong prayers too!

Back