costume ideas needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

running in the red

Reaction score
My friend has opened a new feed store and is having her grand opening in 2 weeks - she is having a costume walk for pets and has asked me to dress up a mini and too bring him/her for the fun.......need ideas.....thinking of something to do with christmas? joy

Hym, christmas-y huh?

Marty is our local christmas queen, and I'm sure she;ll be along shortly, but some ideas...

Ginger Bread pony, Rocking Horse, Candy Cane, and the ovbious ones like reindeer and such

I have a goat cotton sheet that fits a couple of my guys- thinking of 'building' something off from that .........

I dressed my mare up as Christmas for a costume class. I used a mini Western saddle and took my Christmas toilet seat cover (the kind that ties to the seat lid) to cover the saddle seat and used stockings, wreaths, garland, etc. to decorate around that. I sat a Bear in the saddle with a pair of sunglasses and on the back, right behind the saddle, I attached a small wreath with a little bear sitting in it facing backward. I put a really pretty red and gold wire ribbon in her tail and decorated her mane with little poinsettias from an old wreath I had. If you want, I can try to hunt down the pictures of her I took when I was practicing dressing her up at the barn. Carol

OH totally do a nice red or green something with loads of white fluffy trim,.

You can dress him up as Santa, beard and all, or an elf. Or just a nice Christmassy horsey.

Use glitter on the hoofs, spray sparkle in the mane and tail and forelock and braid with wonderful ribbons

If you use a saddle, you can put a santa in the seat or a doll, or an elf

How about a Christmas tree? You could sew tons of fake green garland on a green mini sheet and cover it with styrofoam balls wrapped in shiny paper and a gold star. I know that idea is really out there... Or he could wear a fancy saddle with green, red and gold tassles and fancy bridle and if he is large enough a little kid dressed as an elf could ride him or a stuffed elf and you could be santa claus.

worked all day on fitting Texi Ann to an elf idea..........since I'm now unemployed again as of today all hafve more time to work on it.......

Latest posts

Back