correctly estimating the weight of your mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby dazzler

Reaction score
Hi. I have just read the post by Jill from November last year re the article about correctly estimating the weight of your mini. I am due to give both my mini's their next worming, - so could someone please explain - in normal words - what the three different formulas mean? I assume the in means inches - but what about the R2 symbol. Also, another silly question - where abouts do you measure exactly to get a measurement for the girth?

Thanks heaps. Oh while I am at it, in relation to height, where abouts do I measure from for that too? Thanks, Kerrie

I think the R2 just refers to the degree of diviation or accuracy of the particular formulas when used on the 49 minis compared to where they were on the scale. That confused me at first as well, but then this is what I finally figured it must mean.

For the girth measurement, I do it right behind the front legs.

Our club, the MHCO, held a wonderful clinic on this topic last spring. If you go to www.mhco.ca (click on the link in my signature) and go into clinic notes you will find lots of very good information on this topic as well as many others. :bgrin

Back