Considering getting a Hott Wash

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Oaks

Reaction score
I just built a wash ramp now I want to get a hot water heater of some type. I was reading about the Hott Wash in horsey catalogs was wondering if anyone has used this type of hot water heater. Did it work well? What type of system you use?
default_unsure.png
:

My husband ( dear person that he is) just put a hot water heater in for me, it is just a domestic water heater that holds 8 gallons, he put a laundry sink under it and it works great. I just put a splitter hose on it so I can adjust the temp and can bath the dogs and the horses. Also useful for washing the grooming stuff :aktion033:

Yvonne

You can get the same Hott Wash unit under the manufacturer brand name Arister? at Graingers, some Lowes and Home Depots also. They are about 1/2 price. If you can make a permanent installation a larger electric hot water heater will work much better if you the space.

Mark

You can get the same Hott Wash unit under the manufacturer brand name Arister? at Graingers, some Lowes and Home Depots also. They are about 1/2 price. If you can make a permanent installation a larger electric hot water heater will work much better if you the space.

Mark

I got a hot water heater from a moble home i used it first with the milk room to wash bottle and buckets when i was milking goats now it just sits there too bad you aren't a littl e close it work great and run on lp.

I always wondered if you could use the under the sink on demand hot water heaters and rig it so you could bring it in in the winter time? Anyone?

I've heard the hot washes donot produce enough hot water quick enough? Do a seach its been talked about before I think.

I use a "Hot Wash". The secret is learning how to use it! It doesn't generate a LOT of hot water but it will make it hot enough to nearly burn you! The recovery time is about 15-20 minutes from one full tank to another. So I adapted a hose splitter (reversed the male and female ins and outs) so I could "blend" the Hot water with cold from the well outlet. It stays fairly warm and pleasant for at least 2 horses (all I ever do at one time).

I love it and so do my horses. I have one that absolutely will NOT stand for a COLD bath. Because it's portable I have the option of taking it with me, if I'd want, to a big show like Nat'ls.

I envy your wash ramp wish I had one.

Latest posts

Back