Conformation Critique please?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know what happened here, But I just posted some pictures up to find out if this horse would be okay in a halter class, so I will try again.
default_smile.png

He is 4 year old stallion. His head is a little large but could he do okay? Our friend would like him shown in halter.

kkthunder.jpg

kkthunderhead.jpg

This next one is his little brother, Indy. How would he do in halter? Sorry he's furry, but they hadn't clipped him yet. Do you think his crooked left knee will straighten? Thanks everyone!

kkindyside.jpg

kkindyfront.jpg

An overall quick glance at the stallion he does not look bad, but he has WAY too much mane and bangs. I would cut his bridle path much longer and pull or undercut 1/3-1/2 if the mane. His bck right foot is either not planted flat in the photo or it is clubby. I am guessing it is just not planted flat on the ground. The pictures of the foal are bad photos, neither is at its level, I am sure many will say clip him, get better photos, then ask again. Just from the photos provided, I would say nix the halter class on the foal.

Remember, you will get many different opinions, no horse is perfect, and it is about the overall horse, if we could piece them together, this ones hips, that ones neck, anothers chest/neck set, we would be in good shape, LOL.

Latest posts

Back