Concert last night! Nine Inch Nails!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
I bought tickets a few months ago (mostly for my son) to see Nine Inch Nails. I also really enjoy this "group" (it's really only one member, Trent Reznor), and have for a long time (man I guess about 17 years now).

I had never seen them in person, though. I'm sure glad my son got interested and I got him tickets so he could see them live. I told him he could take whomever, but he said he'd like it if I went and so I GOT TO GO!

It was a breathtaking performance. Trent looked awesome. He cut his hair and buffed out! *LOL* He sounded great, too. I love his voice and he did almost EVERY song I dearly love that he does and made me love 'em all the more.

TV on the Radio and Bauhaus (talk about an oldie!) opened for them and they were good, too.

But NIN rocked and it was something I really needed to just dance and scream and yell/sing for two or three hours straight!
default_smile.png
I'd forgotten how a concert seems to feed on and create a huge aura of energy and activity.

Was a nice break/change of pace to get out and get (kinda) wild.

Here is a link to the photographer's site that was at the show last night w/a gallery of pics from the show at Ridgefield, WA:

Nine Inch Nails @ Clark Co. Amphitheater 5-27-06

I know a lot of you aren't into this type of music, but this guy is a true musical talent, no matter what you like. He does a lot of tv and movie soundtracks as well as his primary creative outlet, NIN.

Liz M.

(still grinning and enjoying the afterglow from the energy)

Wow! I did not know Nine Inch Nails were still around! I saw them YEARS ago!!!! And Bauhaus opened for them?!!!

I've gone 100% country since then....but glad to hear they're still around
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

Oh how fun Liz!! Sounds like you guys had a great time. That is soooo very cool your son wanted you to go with him, that had to create some wonderful memories for you both!!

Man, I haven't been to a rock concert in a long time, I am kinda jealous!!
default_yes.gif
:

Yep, Trent is still around making music (should give a listen to the newest album, "With Teeth"), but he DID take a rather long hiatus though he was involved in doing soundtracks and the like (I know he does some for CSI for example).

It WAS a really good concert, he is a wonderful entertainer all the way around. It's easy to forget how exciting a good concert can be. This one is right up there w/my all time favorite concert, Eric Clapton (in 2001 in Portland). Very different experiences, but not to be missed.

In this age, it seems it's so easy to forego that live experience when you can download and stream just about anything, but being in a crowd full of fans all breathing the same atmosphere and feeling the same thing's just electrifying.

:D

Valerie, NIN played the Gorge night before last, but now they are in ID tonight. Still, there are some good ones coming up. Might have a look at the websites if you want a good concert experience! I recommend it! *LOL*

Liz M.

Back