Colt or Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniature217

Reaction score
Colt or Filly for the first baby miniature did you get when you started in miniatures.

Leslie~

First one I bought was a two year old colt (now gelding), first foal born on our ranch - also a colt!
wub.gif

Colt! And a premie! (20 yrs ago and we had our hands full.)

My first purchase was a weanling filly back in 2005. I still have her and we still show together in halter and driving and showmanship etc.
default_smile.png

My family's first was a 3yo gelding and 5yo stallion. We had them for 25 years and just lost them a few days ago...
default_no.gif
The old boys led me to wanting a filly years later.

My first foal born was a filly back in 1984. First foal purchased was a colt.....

My very first foal was a filly and I kept her. She is almost 3 years old now and will be bred in the spring. My baby will be having a baby. That's a milestone.

First unregistered Mare bred to another unregistered stallion.

Pinto colt

Than sold the mare and colt

bought my own stallion registered, registered mare, and 2 registered fillies.

Cannot just have one.

Had a colt.

Our first mini purchase was a yearling gelding that we still have (he's 11 years old now), and our first foal born was a filly that died suddenly at one month old.

2004 bought 4 yr old R stallion (hardshiped A later) MY 1ST MINI

2005 bought 7 yr old A/R mare (had to update paperwork from 4 prev owners)

2006 colt born (sold)

2007 bought 2 yr old A/R mare

2007 bought 6 yr old A/R stallion

2008 colt born (sold)

2008 was given 6 yr old A/R mare (had to update paperwork from 2 prev owners)

2008 bought 12 yr old A/R reg mare

2009 filly born

2010 filly born (passed away)

2010 filly born

Last edited by a moderator:
First mini purchased was a 15 yr old gelding - for driving. He's now 22 and hopefully, will come out of retirement next spring to let our granddaughter start driving.

First foal purchased at 4 1/2 mo. was filly. She's 5 this year so 2 years from now if I'm lucky she'll be having our first foal to be born here.

Oh, in between we purchased a stallion who was 1 1/2 yrs old then- now 7.

Are you asking what the first miniature horse we bought was? If so, ours was a weanling colt - solid black. Was supposed to buy a black pinto colt, but he had broken his leg and the seller didn't want to sell him until he was fully healed.

Our first foal was a filly snowflake appy.

Our first born was a colt and he's 16 now. The first FOAL we bought was a filly.

Our first mini was a yearling filly. Our first foal was a colt born about 2 hours after delivery of the dam to our home.

First mini I bought was a weanling bay colt.

First foal born here was a black colt, but he didn't survive past 24 hours.

First healthy foal born was a cremello filly, she's now a spunky yearling.

Back