Colour help from NZ please. :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_miss_sunshine

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if some of you can please help me. I am wondering what colour my yearling filly is? She is double bred appaloosa. Her sire is Jacali Chief of Little Ridge, a leopard appaloosa whose pic is here http://www.pinehavenstud.co.nz/stallion.htm

and her mum is a varnish roan appaloosa, who I dont have a pic of unfortunatly. Here are pics of Sunny all 28" of her.
default_biggrin.png
I hope the pics come up I havent done this before. Thanks

As a foal

sunshine_side_on_.jpg

Now

Sunnyroanpics.jpg

Sunnyroanpics3.jpg

I have a buckskin mare. As a yearling / weanling, she clipped out very much the color of yours... Does your filly carry cream dilute?

Then:

Khaki%20weanling%20with%20Harvey.jpg

Now:

KHAKI--07312006--%20BRUSHED%20027%20MARES.jpg

I would say "smutty buckskin" which is a dark buckskin.

Andrea

I am not a color expect or even close.. but I did want to add that I think she is BEAUTIFUL.. whatever color she is.. I love it!!!
default_wub.png

She is really dark for a regular buckskin- Id say smutty buckskin!
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone for you quick replies!! Jill, your mare is lovely, I am unsure if Sunny carries cream, both her parent are listed as silver dapple appaloosa on the papers, her sires parents are silver dapple bay appalossa and bay, her dams are leopard applaoosa and blue roan.

When we went to see Sunny as a foal we were told her mum was actually a varnish roan. I have no idea, I love anyway.
default_biggrin.png
She does ok in shows over here but she is so much smaller than a lot of other fillies. Shes such a kid magnet at shows, children just flock to her.
default_smile.png

Thanks again.
default_smile.png

She's definately a buckskin, and ohhhh soooo pretty!
default_wub.png
She looks VERY much like my boy Royalty. You can see 2 pages of photos of him on his page HERE . I did have him color tested and he was black based, negative for silver, positive for agouti and positive for cream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back