Color Question on new foal & Anyone wanna help me name him?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rauchmini's

Reaction score
Hi

Here are new pics of our little colt Madayo. My question is his dam is a chestnut pinto, I was just told on the phone that his sire is a silver bay I do not have pics of his sire yet but should soon,she did say she is sure he is a silver bay.

What color is he if his sire is indeed a silver bay?

I think the sire might be a silver chestnut though but just in case I know that two chestnuts cannot make a bay.

Last but not least (Geez I'm greedy tonight on asking for help) I would love some help naming him, I will be using our farm preffix Rauchs (pronounced rahl's) and the name Maydayo (from my friend Jackie P)

Alright everyone I'm sitting back waiting to hear from you, Thanks a Bunch ! :lol:

100_0995.jpg
Next pic coming up

Madayo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing silver bay. What I can see if he forlock it looks to be sliver.

imo hes bay. wont really know if he got the silver gene *silver bay* until he gets a little age on him but i would guess silver bay

Yes, I too think he is silver bay. He has the smokey colored forelock and clearly shows black in his tail.

I KNEW I saw black in that little tail, Lynne!
default_yes.gif
:

He is either a Bay or Silver Bay.

His tail looks very black....can't see his forlock very well, but it does appear to be a smokey color.

Either way...it's BAY, so the sire is probably, indeed, a Silver Bay...not a chestnut.
default_yes.gif
:

I promise this is the last pictures !!! Here are two of his forlock. Thanks again to all that

posted comments :aktion033: I really love this little guy, it's a shame Hubby wont let us keep any babies.
default_sad.png

100_0928.jpg

madayo2.jpg

Gosh Lynne,

He is adorable - what a tiny little man!!

Let's see - "Rauchs Madayo--------- something - sorry, I just can't think - what are his dam and sire's names??

I know one thing for sure - I would take that darling little girl that is with him in a heartbeat!!

Gosh Lynne,

He is adorable - what a tiny little man!!

Let's see - "Rauchs Madayo--------- something - sorry, I just can't think - what are his dam and sire's names??

I know one thing for sure - I would take that darling little girl that is with him in a heartbeat!!
default_wub.png
: Thank you Donna, Trinity is a good girl and I would be heartbroken and lost without her she is has such a huge heart for animals and people I thank GOD daily for her
default_wub.png
:

The sires name is Chrome the dams name is Fancy Chance

PS, I just saw your post on your filly BIG Congratulations to you !!!!

Well....unless he has a white strip going up between his ears(making part of the forelock white).....that forelock is showing the Silver gene.
default_yes.gif
: Silver Bay!

How about..... Rauch's Madayo Fancy Pants. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back