Color help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini horse mania

Reaction score
This is charlie sue ,a grade mini that I have had for quite a while.i purchased her with her buckskin/dun filly whom I do not know the sire of.i have thought charlie was a silver buckskin,but looking at photos is making me second guess..she is only a tad bit darker under all that hair,not silvery..could she be a smokey cream dun,champagne,or something like that? She has brown eyes,dark skin,a dorsal stripe which is slightly darker than her body.she does have some dark points above her hooves,thats it.here is link to a pic...anyone have any ideas?

http://shadylanefarms.webs.com/charlie.jpg

I have one looks the very similar , I did reg her as silver buckskin but now Im wondering if she could be black dun (grulla) , does the coat look like this?

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

305768_2124873556129_1074572782_31970002_320592196_n.jpg

297213_2226374053578_1074572782_32044603_348067925_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have a summer pic,sorry,she is a tad darker in,summer,i just did her bridle path and her mane is a mousey brown.she still stays that cream color yearround.

One more thing....does she look bred to you? She was bred to a 30 inch sorrel tobiano in march and april I saw him breed her,,, shes just not showing like my other mares.i havent seen her in heat either.this should be her 2nd foal.

One more thing....does she look bred to you? She was bred to a 30 inch sorrel tobiano in march and april I saw him breed her,,, shes just not showing like my other mares.i havent seen her in heat either.this should be her 2nd foal.
and went back and looked, and may still have missed if you said... How tall is the mare? If the mare is quite a bit larger than the stallion, she may or may not show as much.

My AQHA mare didn't show uptil her last week or so, and she went 3 weeks over (I had ultrasounds and exact dates of cover, so I knew).

She is about 34 inches and stocky built...i guess she looks a tad bigger,but I do see her everyday.her last filly..is 2.5 smaller built,and 32 inches tall.

She is about 34 inches and stocky built...i guess she looks a tad bigger,but I do see her everyday.her last filly..is 2.5 smaller built,and 32 inches tall.
Being bred to a 30" stallion, so 4" difference, its possible that she won't show as much til later in her pregnancy.

Latest posts

Back