Color Experts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
This is Ginias filly out of a solid palomino stallion and a solid chestnut mare.

Tinkum.jpg

Edited to add: Her lower legs are NOT clipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a silver dapple baby to me
default_smile.png
Both parents given their colors can carry silver but you would not see it on them.

:bgrin WOW...there are several "could-be's" that come to mind when I look at that picture.

Could-be--the stallion is silver bay, not palomino.

Could-be--the mare is truely chestnut/sorrel, hiding the silver gene.

Could-be--this filly is a classic silver-black.

Could-be--this filly is simply a liver chestnut, with no silver at all.

Could-be--the picture isn't big enough to really see the filly well enough to tell.
default_wacko.png
:

:lol: :lol:

Pretty little filly...
default_yes.gif
:

http://www.postrockminiatures.com

Here's Ginias website. The mares name is Post Rock Farms Cowgirl Kate, the stallion is Meltons Fantazons Moon Man she has SUPER pictures of BOTH horses. PLEASE HELP!

Edited to add: Can you test for the silver gene?

Picture is too small...but she looks like a nice Liverchestnut with what I can see.

Edited to add: Can you test for the silver gene?
No, not at this time you cannot. I think something is being worked on but is not yet available.

Okay, looking at the parents, to me the mare looks chestnut / sorrel. She could well be a silver chestnut but silver doesn't show up on red based. Some people think you can actually see indications of silver on chestnut by the lower legs and hers do have a lighter shade so maybe she is silver chestnut.

To me, I cannot tell if the stallion is really palomino or some sort of silver. His palomino is very red based so it makes me wonder. But, if a palomino or sorrel (red based both) can be silver and not SHOW it to the eye. Whatever color the parents are genetically, they absolultely could BOTH carry the silver gene.

There is no doubt that that is a liver chestnut.

Liver Chestnut is what Ginia and I were betting on. Thanks everyone!

:aktion033: Thanks everybody, liver chestnut was what I was hoping I was seeing when I clipped her red fuzz off. You don't see a lot of true liver miniatures, will make a nice addition to my color collection LOL.

Latest posts

Back