Cody in the hospital - Hyperlipidemia

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liz, my heart goes out to you more than I can say. It breaks my heart to read Gracie is calling for Cody :no: :no: :no: I am happy you know the cause of this because it is worse to go through your life and not know what caused this to happen. Will be thinking healing thoughts for you (and Gracie).

Oh Liz,

I am so saddened to hear of your loss. I just came on to post my prayers for you both and then read the entire thread.

I'm so sorry.

(((HUGS)))

Liz, I have not looked at the board in a few days and when I saw this, I was immediately swept away in grief for you.

I know Cody is no longer in pain, and yes, he knows you loved him...but I know how hard it is not to see him there and feel his warm body, his soft mane...you are suffering a tremendous loss and I wish I could help somehow.

He is still as beautiful as always, along with his momma, and the thing that endures is the love you all shared. His momma missed him, you know...and now they have comfort til you can all be together.

I am sitting here crying for him, because I know how much he means to you.

I wish this had had a better outcome. You both gave it your all.

Hugs,

Liz M.

Oh Liz, I am heartbroken over Cody. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but your descriptions made me feel as if I knew him, and I know how deeply you love him and how you always will.

He was a special light in the world. As much as we love all of our animals, there are those special ones, the ones with whom we bond so closely it seems to transcend all else.

This is a love that never dies, and precious Cody will always be with you.

Liz, when my sweet Hillary dog died, I was truly comforted by the lyrics you posted from Garth Brooks' song, "The Dance." Yes, you could have missed the pain, but you would have had to miss the dance.

Please take care. You are foremost in our thoughts.

susanne

Cody was a very lucky horse to have had you to love and care for him all his 10 years and to be strong enough to make that very difficult decision to give him freedom from pain. Take comfort in knowing that in time all you will remember is the wonderful parts of his life with you and he will live forever in your memories. So very sorry for your loss.

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: velma

I am so sorry Liz for the loss of your little guy. Hugs to you and Gracie.

Liz, i am so sorry for your loss! I lost one of mine this weekend too, so i know what you are going through! jennifer

Thank you everyone for your outpouring of love and support. I am not doing okay - I can't sleep through the night without hearing him calling me, I am just a mess.

My regular vet is back in town today, and I'm going to ask her all the hard questions, such as where did the instussseption occur, where was the lead point, and what are possible causes. Parasites are generally one of the causes, but that was ruled out post-mortum. Also, I lost another horse in 2003 to intestinal lymphoma and I just wonder if this could be environmental, if I should get my water and soil tested.

I'm also going to have blood tests run on Gracie (his sister) to make sure she's okay. This is just devistating, he was my baby... :no:

Liz R.

:no: I was so sad to hear of your lost.

Please let us know alot the other horse.

Take care and you will be in our prayers,

melissa

I am sorry for your loss -- I can understand how devastated you feel.

Hugs and prayers

JJay

I am so sorry for your loss but thank you for sharing you findings with everyone. I have learned something new .

Latest posts

Back