CMHRS newest rescue daisy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

I decided to also post Daisy here as I know a lot of people dont have time to go to another forum. I want all of you to know because of your donations we were able to get Daisy out of a bad situation. Not sure yet of her prognosis but we are going to try for sure. Daisy is badly foundered and due to foal in the coming weeks. She was found standing in manure with a yearling colt still nursing off her. She has abcesses in the front and back legs. Notice the big cresty neck. Thank you Tifflin for getting her out and caring for her. Guys it is a huge amount of work to care for a foundered horse much less one in foal. I dont know how we can ever thank Tiff. Also daisy is Canadian!!

daisyabcess.jpg

standing with her back legs under her to relive the pain

daisybody.jpg

daisy.jpg

Last edited:
:aktion033: [SIZE=18pt]Way to go Tiffany![/SIZE]

If we can be of any help please contact me!

We are members & representatives of CMHR but haven't

learned of any minis needing our asssistance here in Ontario.

Please pm me.

Poor Daisy, the pics of her certainly shocked me when Tiff first sent them to me!! :new_shocked: She's in a good barn now in a nice deep bed and I know that she will get all the care she needs. I haven't seen a case of founder like this in a long time, I hate to see it, just makes you feel sick. And then to be in foal again and still nursing last year's baby this poor gal is sure glad that Tiffany came along I'll bet!!

I'm so glad that you are able to help this poor mare, but what about the yearling that was on her. Where you able to get the yearling help too?

there are the yearling and the stallion still there. we are working right now on getting them too. But the big priority was the mare as she was in the worst shape. I will keep you posted
default_smile.png

Tiffany and I talked about this on the phone that sometimes you are guided to the place you are needed. I feel certain this is how Tiffany stumbled across Daisy. I felt the same way when some friends and i were out driving and found another horribly foundered mare. Literally stumbled upon her.

Last edited:
Kay is right Daisy was in immediate need- and we are working on the other 2
default_wink.png
:

Daisy has spirit and heart
default_wub.png
: and is a very brave girl
default_yes.gif
: She is trying very hard to get use to her new surroundings- and all the people peaking in on her :bgrin But she is bedded down as comfortably as possible. She also has my 13 year old ( Amy) to Thank because she has been the one really doing all the cheer leading on Daisys behalf :aktion033:And for CMHR immediate response and support. It was very strange how we came upon her and sometimes we are just draw to things- When all is said and done there is going to be a long list of people to Thank for doing what we can for Daisy :bgrin

I will post more after the vet visit on Monday :bgrin

Tiffany

WOOHOO Good Job Tiffany . Poor Girl I know you'll get her where she needs to be!
default_wub.png
:

So glad to hear that the other two wasn't in the bad shape that she was. And I'm sure if they were you wouldn't have left them their. I'm in the process of trying to get funds together to save two here by me that came from a sale that a guy i know has. Money has been tight here with all my vet bills from this past year but I can't help but think about the shape these two minis are in. They aren't in as bad of shape as Daisy yet, but can get there. With food and good hay and foot care they should be back to normal in no time.

It is so nice to know that there is such good people like CMHR members and others that are willing to go that extra mile for any animal.

Tiff,

You are such an awesome person! Everything happens for a reason..and this defintaley happened because she (and possibly the others) will have a great home with you and your family and get the best care! I hope she gets better!

Way to go!!

Love you all!! :aktion033:

-Kris

Latest posts

Back