CLOSE CALL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAZY J MINIS

Reaction score
WE HAD A CLOSE CALL TODAY. WE RECENTLY HAD A FOAL THAT WAS BORN BLIND IN ONE EYE,AND WAS THOUGHT TO BE A DUMMY FOAL. GOOD NEWS SHE IS DOING GREAT, BAD NEWS SHE TRIED TO PUT THE OTHER EYE OUT. WE WERE IN THE PEN WHEN SHE CAME RUNNING BY IN A PANIC, WE CAUGHT HER AND SAW SHE WAS BLEEDING FROM HER GOOD EYE. GOT HER AND MOM IN BARN AND CALLED THE VET. WHEN HE GOT HERE AND EXAMINED HER, CLEANING THE EYE AND PUTTING DROPS IN IT, GOOD NEWS
default_aktion033.gif
NO DAMAGE TO THE EYE, SHE HAD A SMALL TEAR IN THE CORNER OF THE EYE AND WHERE IT BLEEDS A LOT. THIS FILLY IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME YET.
default_1857272.gif
BEST NEWS IS SHE IS OK.

I'm so glad that she did not damage the other eye - maybe her name should be Calamity Jane!
default_wink.png

Goodness, you must have been in a bit of a panic!

Calamity Jane sounds good to me too LOL!

Hope she will make a full recovery, bless her
default_yes.gif

Anna

Glad to hear she is okay! I swear, you can put horses in a padded stall, covered in bubble-wrap, and they would still managed to tear, break, or injure something.
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

Oh, those things are so scary! I am glad that it turned out ok for your foal!

Do you have pictures of your filly?

Glad to hear she is doing fine now... Sounds like my daughter when she was a toddler..always hurting herself and yes she could be in a padded room covered in bubble wrap and still hurt herself..LOL

Latest posts

Back