Clippers for bridle paths and cleanup

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specialk

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on a pair of clippers. I don't plan on doing full body clips, just clipping bridle paths, cleaning up ears and feet. Cordless seems more convenient, but then there's the issue with keeping them charged and having them ready when I need them. Cordless seems a bit safer not having to deal with a cord.

Any recommendations?

I like my Wahl Arco SE cordless clippers, for just clean up like you are talking they should be fine.

Three years ago, I actually body clipped my yearlings with them, and they held up fine, I do need a new set of blades. [ordering as soon as I get a chance, and find a coupon or sale.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved my Oster cordless clippers. They lasted about 5 years before the battery failed. I body clipped with them even.

I have the 2 speed Andis now and it is nice and light weight. I'd like to buy another set of cordless,to have for remote clipping, but other equine expenses keep coming up...

I have the same cordless clipper set as Chanda and I love it! Works great for bridle paths and touch-ups, but I would certainly get something much heavier if you ever plan to do full body clips on foals or adults.

I like my Wahl KM-2 for bridle paths and legs, but even better for around their faces I like the Wahl "people" clippers. I got mine at Walmart. I have arthritis in my hands and they are easy to maneuver in tight spots.

I found a pair of Andis super agr + on clearance at my local farm store for $150. I don't plan on heavy duty clipping, mostly bridle paths and cleanup. Is anyone familiar with these? Are they too large for what I need?

Latest posts

Back