Clipped a couple

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
Clipped a couple of yearlings and was pleased with what was under their wretched winter mats!

Little America's Skip's Ms Decorator

decoratorDSC_6958_edited.jpg

Little America's Dream Along With Me

dreamalongDSC_7014.jpg

dreamalongDSC_7021_edited.jpg

dreamalongDSC_7071_edited.jpg

I hate to admit a mistake that I made last year, but here goes. We had sixty-six foals last season and Dream Along was born on a night that we had three foals. I marked my records that it was a colt, registered him, did his web page and life went on, busy as ever. Then yesterday I was clipping, raised the tail, and WHAT? "He" was a "SHE". I ran in the house, looked at my records, checked all the pictures, and yes... I had missed it. Now before everyone jumps on me, I DO KNOW HOW TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE, but at four in the morning, just missed it. Have started the process to correct his papers, making him a beautiful filly! Am I just getting too old for this? LOL.

Clipped a couple of yearlings and was pleased with what was under their wretched winter mats!

dreamalongDSC_7014.jpg

I hate to admit a mistake that I made last year, but here goes. We had sixty-six foals last season and Dream Along was born on a night that we had three foals. I marked my records that it was a colt, registered him, did his web page and life went on, busy as ever. Then yesterday I was clipping, raised the tail, and WHAT? "He" was a "SHE". I ran in the house, looked at my records, checked all the pictures, and yes... I had missed it. Now before everyone jumps on me, I DO KNOW HOW TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE, but at four in the morning, just missed it. Have started the process to correct his papers, making him a beautiful filly! Am I just getting too old for this? LOL.

They looked great would have loved to seen the before pics too !! Aren't you glad you didn't sell your 'HESHE' could have been embrassing !! At least the name will work and you won't need to change it...looking forward to the other 62 yearlings !!
default_laugh.png

Here are some before pics.

decoratorDSC_4410.jpg

dreamalongDSC_5979_edited.jpg

Very nice yearlings Tony. Love the blue eyes on the bay, very striking.

Your story was hilarious, I even had my husband read it, he also got a kick out of it. Can't imagine what it takes to keep up with that many horses.

default_new_rofl.gif
I did the same thing last year Tony. Announced the arrival of a lovely coloured filly...........only She was a HE and I didn't notice for about three days
default_doh.gif
Definately a senior moment. That filly is gorgeous ! Well worth the wait LOL

I'll hold my hand up too!! I had to change a new born liver chestnut colt to a pretty bay filly -- but I did manage the correction the next day and thought that a senior moment. Laughed out loud a your year's worth of 'mistake' Tony. She's certainly a beautiful looking filly!

Anna

They are beautiful!!

8 years ago the same thing happened at our farm. A beautiful bay foal was born and my grandfather did a quick check and told everyone it was a colt. The mare that had he colt was an old pasture mare-didn't like anyone near her or her foals ever, but she was such an amazing producer for us that it really didn't matter. 4 months later when the foal was weaned, we found out that 'he' was a 'she'!

To this day that poor little filly has never had a foal...my grandma blames my grandpa. Says he gave her a complex
default_laugh.png

dreamalongDSC_7014.jpg

new_shocked.gif
new_rofl.gif

Lovely pair of girls you've got there! Are you going to call Dream Along With Me "Tomboy" now? Too funny!

Love that little bay! Hmmm.....do I really need another Little America horse........
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Actually Tony, sounds like you may need another farm hand....just happen to know of one available!
biggrin.gif
whistling.gif

Back