Cinny Goes Crazy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrah

Reaction score
This is a video I made using picture I took this summer of Cinny's first "real" time hitched to a cart. Let's just say it didn't go exactly as planned and we had some pretty good fireworks. After this incident I got his teeth checked and he got checked by a vet. We later discovered his back was out in five places, and we had it fixed and he has been happily driving ever since.

Anyways it did make for some exciting pictures.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyOtpRjE6tQ

Well on the plus side he looked really good once you got him moving forward!
default_biggrin.png
He's a very attractive horse and looks good in cart. He reminds me more than ever of Kody in his build (the positive aspects, that is.
default_wink.png
)

Looks like you needed to move him up a bit in the shafts, that would have made it easier for him to turn into them and less likely to decide "I can't move them! I can't, I can't, I can't!" It's also important to provide a good supporting outside rein to keep him from overbending to the side and then simply wait patiently and allow him time and a soft give in your hands to figure out what you want and move forward. Never, ever bottle up a green driving horse. Forward first, then over!
default_yes.gif
I know it's really easy to get into that situation and I'm not saying you didn't do those things (it looked like maybe he started backpedaling then went up?), I'm just putting it out there as general advice.

That said, I love your choice of music and think you did a great job creating an educational video. I like your turnout and generally speaking your harness appeared pretty comfortably fitted to your horse. Good job! Does this mean both of your boys are driving now?

Leia

Well it did rather turn into a "what not to do" sort of situtation. Once his back was feeling better and I made some harness adjustments he was just fine. I don't drive him all that much because hes still pretty young. But yes both my horses are driving now. Spyder and I did really well last summer at the shows:

SpyderandCinny125.jpg

Love the song with the pictures, just was holding my breath time to time...

Looks like you won in the long run.... Congratulations

Latest posts

Back