Cinnamon. Rescue mare: **FILLY**!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cinnamon's stall cam:

20130311_184902-1.jpg

Oh dear...I wormed her for 225#...hope I didn't mess anything up! Didn't want to under/over dose her, but she's getting adjusted to her new diet.

Chandab, you have some CUTE little chunks! And you're not sure if Baybe is expecting?? She looks huge to me! However, I would always rather see a heavy horsie than a boney pony! ;)
At the time of Baybe's weigh-in last August, I didn't know if she was pregnant; by the time of the picture in January, I'm pretty sure she is.

Deworming at 225# is probably just fine at this time, as we know she is thin and that's probably pretty close to her weight. When she is due for the ivermectin in 2 weeks, you might have to increase the dosage to her weight at that time. [A bit more accurate weight estimator is a formula in the LB info pages. There is also a weight chart, but I think that is for non-pregnant animals, since pregnancy does affect their shape. Here's a link:

http://www.lilbeginnings.com/info/misc/ The formula is right below the chart.]

I love all the photos. She reminds me of my Misty. Maybe we're on a similar schedule. Too bad we don't know what it is!

Been busy today! Took the Belgian and the Clydesdale to the pasture in town so that they could meet their teammates. So much for working! One of the Belgian mares is in full blown heat, and would not stop pestering the new Belgian. There were kicks thrown and lots of squealing going on, so I didn't want to leave them in case someone got hurt. I kept busy in the tack room and around the carriages. After several hours, I took the truck for a lap around to see how everybody was doing. Things looked good, only squealing coming from hussy mare. Decided to go check the grave of a Standardbred we had to put to sleep in January (freak accident=broken leg), and *something* attempted to dig him up! Took off to find hubby (works with highway department) and got a load of dirt with quite a bit of clay. Came on back and started filling in the holes on Rock's grave. Don't want any more broken legs! Just finished that up, now about to take the open air trolley out for a sorority group. I won't be home till late to update on Cinnamon, but she's being watched!

Hope y'all have a great rest of today!
default_smile.png

Oh, and I'm ready to see new babies!! Who's next??

Today's pics were tough to get. This little mare has obviously not been handled much. Hooha shots are tough (she just moves away), and udder shots are next to impossible! Now her udder seems to be a bit more filled out than it has been previously (according to touch), but I still cannot express even a drop.

Belly shot:

20130313_165440.jpg

Caught a yawn!

20130313_183050.jpg

Best I could do with an udder:

20130313_183744.jpg

And hooha shot...I'm not exactly sure what constitutes an "elongated" hooha...

20130313_183851.jpg

Opinions? Advice?

Last night, she rubbed her butt often, had the Flehmen display going on for a while, pawed and slept. This is so hard when you have no numbers to go on. From the back, she still looks round to me. Like I mentioned last post, there are udder changes, but I can't express a drop.

She looks good and is moving forward. Her hooha looks good too, being that she is nervous she is screwing it up when you look but it looks like it is getting long. All my pics are on my old pc so give me 5 mins whilst I fire it up

Oh my goodness, she is adorable! She looks like my rescue mini
default_yes.gif
The chestnut rescue surprise baby sisters lol!

That's so awesome!! Thank you for the pictures!! Will attempt again today. She never offers to kick or anything, she just doesn't want you back there!
default_smile.png

Hi there, my name is Terry, my mare that was due has already foaled, she was the only one due this year. Sorry to but in, but, did you get any papers with this mare? I don't know where you got her, but if she measures in at 31"s I may know who she is. I'm not sure as so many chestnut mares look the same. The mare I'm thinking of has an impressive pedigree and also has the blue boy head type, if you know what I mean. If you take a head shot from the side with the fourlock pulled over and one from the front with the forelock pulled over I might be of some assistance. You can PM me if you would rather. I don't want to butt in, just help.

I'm butting in again, just remembered something. I'm hoping this is not the same mare, but the mare I'm thinking of had a very strange habit, she would stop eating grain and roll around, does this one do that? As for the blue boy head, there will be a dome forehead.

Hi Terry! She measures 33". Her body condition doesn't look like (to me anyway), that she would have impressive bloodlines! She has crooked legs, and her head isn't really domed. She does take a bite of her feed, walk around a bit, and then come back for another bite. I got her last week just south of Fort Worth.

Oh thank goodness, she looks just like a mare I knew that a very reputable breeder had with Blue Boy bloodlines but was only 31"s as I measured her and bred her. Some of thes chestnut mares look alike with their crooked facial strips.

Okay, I have another silly question...Cinnamon has been "winking" quite often. Is there any significance to this? I'm not finding much online.

Nothing new to report here...we are getting a small bag, but she's still not ready. Hooha still light pink, not really V shaped (y'all should see the quarter horse down the road!! Her V is almost a perfect point!), she has some relaxing near tail, but she is underweight, so hard to tell. She tested over 8 on pH last night, so will check again tomorrow evening.

Back