Chuckle for the day.....maybe the week!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatorbait4sure

Reaction score
Yesterday, Bill and I were enlarging the gelding paddock, which necessitated putting the 5 boys in the round pen. In the round pen are 4 cavalletti I use for jumping and adding extra work for lazy boys when round penning. These were stacked in the middle. I store my lunge whip inside one of them and I left a white plastic garbage bag in another ( used it for doing a video recently, tied onto the end of the whip)

All of a sudden I saw everyone in the pen running WILDLY with the white of their eyes showing! Round and round they went ( mind you, none of these horses usually have any extra energy, Bob and Micky included) Following them is Jive, the class clown, and in his mouth are the red ties from the garbage bag. Since it is windy the bag is flapping in the air above his head! Whap! Whap! Whap!

I had to sit down I was laughing so hard!, and even Bill, who tolerates horses, was getting a good chuckle going!

This went on for at least 3-4 minutes until Jive dropped the bag, and everyone stopped to catch their breath ( myself included).....THEN that IDIOT went back over, picked up the bag and it began all over again!

Finally I risked my life by climbing over the rail into the pen to take it away from him, and restore peace.......my sides ache today from laughing!

Love it when they entertain themselves LOL! Did you take pictures?

Jan

i have a mare that does that.

dont you just love the corral clowns?
default_laugh.png

For cute! My little yearling colts last year were SO naughty. They always had something in their mouth whether it be a stray stick, halter they'd get from the barn, or the rasp I use when trimming hooves. Little stinkers.

Can I borrow him? I could use a helper to work a few horses here!
default_laugh.png

I had a full size paint that was a clown like that. He would pick up anything to chase the other horses around with. He would even rip off...yes rip off...the turnout blankets on all the other horses in the pasture. He didnt get turned out with any horses that had blankets on after that.

Back