Chronic pain sufferers.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heart goes out to you all living with chronic pain. I have - and seems like I get more every year - all the aches and pains associated with getting older and probably overusing things like your knees
default_smile.png
. Just takes longer to get going in the morning now than it used to, and I move a little slower! I do lots of slow stretches, I have great winter boots and gloves for the barn as I just can't handle my hands & feet freezing up. Lavender and heat are very relaxing. Someone mentioned RLS (restless leg). I found something that has worked for me for the last couple of years, no prescription needed. Night Time Leg Calm is an organic essential oil from Natures Inventory that is applied, just a few drops, to the small of your back at bedtime. They make oils for a variety of purposes, I'ved used a couple of others and love them. No side effects either.
default_smile.png

Jan

Forgot to mention my other "must have"....Simply Ice roll on. Awesome pain reliever, and made/marketed by a forum member, Allure Ranch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan where do you get your oils??? Are there specific ones you use or do they explain each oils potentials.

Thanks for sharing.

The oils are from Nature's Inventory, www.naturesinventory.com They have many different oils for specific uses.

The topical pain reliever is www.simplyice.com and contains arnica. Both are great.

Jan

its very very hard. chronic pain is very depressing and what i do is i try my hardest to ignore the pain. get my mind on something else. i have a brain malformation that causes me pain 24/7. its called Chiari Malformation. i had decompression surgery in march 2006 along with a C1 C2 and C3 lamenectomy ( i can never spell that right)for the most part i can keep my mind on something else and deal with it. im allergic to all but 2 narcotics so pain relief isnt easy for me. most ERs wont give me the shot, and i have gotten used to codien, i have to take a LOT for it to help.

i fight manic depression because of my pain. i dont have a ton of friends and most of my family cant understand why i need someone to visit all the time. for that reason i have had my friend jordan move in with me to help me with my depression. i have a ton of friends that i talk to on the phone ( internet friends) and that helps.

hubby does his best to help me but especially now, its hard for him to do much but talk. i have good days and bad days, some bad days are REALLLY bad and to be honest most days are bad.

i am trying to only take OTC meds right now to control the pain.... i dont have health insurance and nor can i get any especially now as i have a pre existing condition and no ins, co will carry me.

but i do OK for the most part. i cry a lot and spend many nites awake, and talk a LOT i can talk anyones ear off i would much rather be on the phone than cryin... thank goodness i have unlimited long distance!! lol not sure if that helps, but i hope it did!
OMGosh! I have Chiari I Malformation, too! Oh, I soooo know what you are dealing with. PM me and I will tell you what I do now that has helped so much! I have a craniocervical fusion down through C6- so, I guess I would lose my head if it weren't screwed on
default_smile.png

Because I have lived a life of so many injuries and pain I will step out there again and suggest alternatives. Reiki, healing stones, magnetics, accupressure, accupuncture, massage and more.

I have dislocated joints and have arthritis, I manage it with moist heat and several things I listed. I herniated 5 discs 6 yrs ago, Reiki, accupressure and massage saved me I swear. I set my right hand on fire, Reiki and stones healed horrible burns in 4 wks. and more..but my point is....look round your area for alternatives.

If they are too expensive keep looking cuz there is someone out there who is more interested in healing than $$. In faith and hope, the alternative healing processes can and do work. Funny thing about Reiki, it works if wanted, it works if not but you may not notice it, it never comes if unwanted. Respect and courtesy live inside it.

Meds are great but as said by someone here, one can only take them for so long. Call your local hospital, physical therapy centers and massage centers. You may well find someone like Cecelia (who helped me with the discs) and you can heal.

of my soapbox now
default_yes.gif
Exactly! I do some Reiki and mostly Myofascial Release. Been a life-saver!

Latest posts

Back