Changing User Name?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5StarRanch

Reaction score
I used to show mini's years (won't tell you how many) ago, as a youth and young adult. They were my passion, and that of my families. Life, times and age changes however and though we still have the little guys, had not shown. My family bred and showed big horses from before I was born as well, so I was raised with them too. The last ten years I have been riding and really hadn't thought about getting back into the "mini world". Until last summer, that is.

To make a long story short, I was out for a leisurely right on a "dead broke" horse, who happened to spook and run away. Now, I have been riding for my entire life, have taken lessons and studied under some of the best clinicians, and would consider myself a pretty decent rider. Well, nothing that I have ever been taught was going to stop this boy. After a long and pretty scary trip, he was headed toward the dropoff to the canyon and I decided to bale. Obviously I didn't tuck and roll right, as I broke quite a few ribs, had a partially collapsed lung, broke my collarbone and broke the C2 vertebrae in my neck. It has been almost a year and I have still not healed properly. My shoulder will never be the same and there are many things that I still cannot or shouldn't do. One being getting on a horse again.

SO......getting to my point here, after all this happened last year, my Mom went and bought two minis and our first show with them will be in June. Haven't shown for years, so am pretty nervous, but excited. I am still searching for the perfect all around horse for me. BUT.....I have raised and shown dogs and always used the name "5 Star". I assumed I would use the same with the horses, but noticed a 5 Star Minis in Denmark................so.......what are your thoughts on two farms of the same name AND how do I go about changing my user ID on here?

Thanks a ton!!!!

My Prefix is registered with both AMHA and AMHR. Even though it has been registered for over 10 years, somehow AMHA let slip 3 or 4 horses with Riverdance at the beginning of their registered names. Needless to say, I let them know that I was not happy. Since I do not do AMHR and do not get on their studbook on line, I do not know what they are doing with my prefix.

Last year I noticed someone else using Riverdance. Caught my attention right away, come to find out, they are in Australia. I am in the USA. Not much that I can do about that in another country, but they will never be able to register a Mini with that prefix with AMHA or AMHR.

Just make sure that you have that prefix (your farm name) registered with both registries, even if you only show in one. Then it will always be yours.

I guess the biggest example for registering in both registries is Double Diamond. They were a small farm breeding AMHR horses, never registered the prefix with AMHA. We all know the AMHA Double Diamond farm. Too bad for the small farm. It is kind of tough for them to use the farm name now.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are in Denmark, and unless they have the prefix registered with a/r, then I would use it in the US. But agree with Riverdance - get it reg'd with them.

But then I have Triangle Acres and there is a stock horse farm somewhere southeast, but we dont' cross paths, so I just use TAP at the end of a horse's/pony's name.

That is exactly why I didn't want to use the 5 Star name, I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. You take pride in your farm name and I believe it should be yours. I have been trying to find something else that fits just right too.

You can personalize it via a logo by maybe putting an American Flag behind 5 Star or using some stars off the American Flag

or put your initials in front of 5 Star

you could always use a different language.. like cinco star or 5estrella.. estrella is star and cinco is 5.

I think I would check to see if they have the name as theirs registered.

If not, it is all yours!
default_biggrin.png

How do you go about finding out if a prefix is already registered with AMHR and how much does it cost? We are in no way a farm, but in the future our plans are to purchase a home with property and bring the horses home, and hopefully someday have a miniature horse farm. I know the name I would like to use when that day comes, but do worry it will be taken by then.

I am in a similar quandary! I was only involved with "big" horses until last Fall and I had always used the name Sweetwater Farm. When I found L'il Beginnings and began to post I proudly put Sweetwater Farm in my signature, under my name. Thankfully I got a couple of private messages from very nice people on the board telling me why I might not want to continue posting with/using Sweetwater Farm. I am grateful for those private messages, however I am sad that I no longer want to be associated with my long-time farm name, which I adored. On the other hand, a new farm name, a fresh start (as I am switching to Miniature Horses!), does seem exciting! However, I have been trying to come up with a new farm name for almost a year, if not longer. I can't land on anything I am happy with that isn't already taken by either another Miniature Horse farm or a "big" horse farm.

I agree!!! Trying to find the RIGHT name is very, very hard. I landed on 5 Star for a variety of reasons, and trying to replace that isn't easy.

So...........maybe we should ask all these wondeful people here to help us come up with some new ones?

I have been thinking about a few.........

Tyee Ranch (the name that my Mom & Dad used for thier appaloosa breeding program years ago)

AMW Miniature Horses (America's Most Wanted)

AllStar Miniature Horses

Xtreme Miniature Horses

What do you think?

Latest posts

Back