Champion of Champions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why am I not seeing Tony's post?

I'd love to hear what he had to say.

Susan O.

Tony did have a post here and maybe he will post again telling us what happened with the filly getting loose. Somehow it disappeared. Very strange.

Tony could you post that again.

Thanks, Carol

this is what i saw. Her handler let her go to do the victory lap. The problem was they let the other champions and handlers back in the ring. And they were standing blocking off the way to go around the arena. She tried a couple times to get thru and then would turn the other way since it was blocked by the handlers. Then she spooked and ran into Mike. My heart was in my throat!!! I heard he had torn tendons in his hand but nothing broken but that was right after it happened so they may have found out more later.

I think the only problem was that the handlers and other horses blocked her path and had they been standing along the rail it probably wouldnt have happend.

I feel so bad for everyone as it truly was a freak ACCIDENT. No matter what she deserved the win and i feel honored to have been there
smile.gif

The whole evening was VERY SCARY. Miss K evidently ran over the ring steward and Mike R. tried to reach out to grab her and dislocated his elbow. From what I hear, someone at the gate put it back in place and last I heard he was fine but I'm sure was in pain. What you didn't know is that Another Dimension DWB The Riddler (who Mike was also handling), spooked in the wash stall during the Champion of Champions Class, hit his head, fell and couldn't move. Terry was called to the barn. I found the rest of their crew and told them and they all went to help. Riddler was hurt very bad. He was taken out of the barn on a stretcher to a vet hospital and last I heard (which was last night) was they thought he had a skull fracture and spinal cord injury. Terry was in absolute tears. Laurie that owns Riddler went with him and was extremely upset. I hope to hear good news but it doesn't sound that way. Mike was in the ring and didn't even know until Carlos met him after the class. Talk about an emoitional roller coaster.

Everyone send prayers for the Riddler....

I don't know what happened to my post, but I was asked to post again, so here is an "eye witness" report of the event.

Miss Kentucky's liberty act absolutely was NOT deliberate. When she won, she was trotted into the ring in the dark spotlighted by a couple of spotlights which spooked her to begin with, then they tied a huge flower horseshoe on her which also spooked her and she slipped out of her halter. They were getting ready to take a picture when the halter slipped off. If you have not had it happen to you before, someday it will if you show long enough. When she got away she ran through the darkness, with the spotlight operators still following her with the spots. While they were putting the flowers on her, the other five World Grand Champions were brought in to watch the ceremony and planned to take pictures of all of them afterwards. When she was running frantically the flowers slipped, causing her to buck and finally got them off, but the ribbon which was tied around her neck to hold them on caused them to drag along behind her, scaring her even more. She ran through the line of trainers and they tried to stop her and in the melle Mike Rosauer broke his arm. I was videoing the whole thing.

It was a very unfortunate end to a wonderful celebration. Once she was caught, the pictures were taken and that ended the wonderful show.

Tony - in other years the liberty act HAS been deliberate - so we would have no reason to think otherwise.
unsure.gif
I'll take your word for it. But to have the music cued up right away and the follow spot on her for her run... well, again... I'll have to take your word for it.... but it did not look like an "oops"... *shrug* ...either way - it was fortunate she did not trip on the flowers or have an accident like Riddler did....

I heard about Riddler this morning.... and hope that if worst came to worst... that he did not suffer needlessly....
sad.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
oh no!! I am a huge fan of Riddler!!!! I really hope everything is okay....that is really horrible. I haven't watched the webcast or anything like that and am a little behind on the news..can someone please tell me who won the open halter Grand Champion classes? Did First Knights Lord of The Rings and Miss Kentucky win theirs again? If so, i would definitely bet on either of those two. They were both my favorites last year!

Latest posts

Back