Central Championships Webcast

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Exasperated! Is anyone able to get a full-screen view of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching on and off all day while working on the right side of my screen, so I never tried, but now that you mention it I can't expand the window either.

I couldn't expand it yesterday either. Will see what today brings. Hope to be able to watch a little.

Barbie

http://www.horseshowwebcasts.com/shows/2010/25371/index.shtml

Well...that is the link for the horseshowwebcast.com where the Central Championship Show is being webcast. Sorry couldnt make it a clickable link...the 'add link' bar on the forum comes up so far to the right of my screen that I cant insert the link for some reason...even with my screen maxamized...?? So you'll have to copy and paste it into your browser.

I too could not get the webcast to go full screen...just the small viewing box. Hopefully the webcast will improve...it is really hanging up. The class was obstacle halter and every 4th step the person took...it would hang...you could count 1,2,3,4...hang...1,2,3,4...hang. Least that is what it is doing Friday morning 9:50 a.m.

It has been very spotty for me this morning too. And still no full-screen capability. The video quality did get better yesterday afternoon. I really wish that the videographer would zoom in on the lineup in the halter classes. Show each horse individually. I have it open on my personal computer as I work on the work computer.

I plan to show AMHA next year with my granddaughter. She will be 4-1/2 years old and showing her little Alladdin, a 29" gelding. I am really excited to do it. I showed AMHA my first year out, then switched to AMHR because I had some straight registered horses. I have now hardshipped as many as were eligible. I will cut back to showing a single horse next year so that I can concentrate on helping Isabelle get started. Almost certainly that will by my Flirty, I want to make her into an all-around horse.
default_smile.png

Watching the video webcasts makes me even more excited. I love both unders and overs, but for the breed ring I really, really love my under horses!

I was able to pull the screen all the way out to where thats all I see on the page besides just seeing it on the left side of the screen. I think it made the screen bigger but not sure what it looked like before. Do they have someone actually operating the camera or is it just sitting there? The video quality isn't very good but atleast we can watch.

There's a link to the tech guy's blog at the top of the page the video is displayed on. Apparently the arena's internet connection is not ideal for webcasting, and they tried to get around it with some extra equipment, but I agree that the feed is still much worse than yesterday's. Hopefully they figure something out.

As for the camera, I do believe someone is operating it as they swing it from the gate to the arena at the beginning of every class, but they seem kind of passive/have a tendency to point it in one direction and leave it until the end of the class. Yesterday, for example, it was pointed at the same horse's butt for an entire halter class. It was a nice enough butt, and it seemed to be the only butt in the class, so you can imagine my surprise when an entire horse swept in from off-camera and won the class over the featured butt.
default_biggrin.png

Wish I could watch it! On my dial up, it's one step, freeze for 16 seconds, one step, freeze for 16 seconds. I bet the class I'm watching was over 30 mins ago LOL.

Definitely not as good as the Western webcast. Julep Cup and Congress have been really good. Hope Easterns will be good next weekend. Oh well, I'm listening to it for the most part.

Barbie

Maybe the equipment they added really has helped, because I'm getting a much smoother feed now than I was this morning.

Wish I could watch it! On my dial up, it's one step, freeze for 16 seconds, one step, freeze for 16 seconds. I bet the class I'm watching was over 30 mins ago LOL.
Unfortuantly those of us that still live in the stone age with dial up needs to accept that this is the new best thing and if we want it must get hi-speed. My town has just started being able to get hi-speed, but since I'm moving next year my first goal will be to get hi-speed. Its so much nicer. The video also freezes with me but I know its just my computer.

Anyone know how many entries there were? I know Western Regionals were low.

I've been told there are 230 horses at the show.

The videographer is having to transmit wirelessly from the show and I've been told that affects the quality of the transmission.

Its been freezing up for me any time I try to watch it. I can't get full screen either. It doesn't seem to matter though because the camera opperator isn't good so You're not missing anything. I haven't bothered to try to watch a halter class, but with Jumper the camera was in front of the horse, so imagine my suprise when I hear the announcer say a horse had 19 faults! I didn't see it do anything wrong. LOL With the driving classes i tried to watch all I could see was a tiny horse, jerking movement, and I could mostly make out what color it was, but that was all I could see it was so far away. Wish the quality and handling was better.

The feed was definitely better in the afternoon. They are working off an ATT wireless card according to their blog. That's why they can't move the camera any more than they do. Definitely not a good place for a webcast. They had to go buy special equipment to get it as good as it is. Hope the arena in Springfield is more conducive to webcasts.

Barbie

Springfield does have wireless in the arena but I am not sure of the speed. I do know when I used it last year for my computer I had no trouble with speed. It is the same person doing all three regional shows.

I think that the person doing worlds is the same person who did AMHR Nationals last year.

I had no trouble expanding to full screen this morning, at the bottom right of the screen next to the volume control on the webcast is a little icon. Click on it and you should get full screen.

Well I still can't get full screen - regardless of how big I make the page around the screen or whether I hit the icon or try to expand it manually it stays the same 4"x6" square. It's not an issue for me, but the dull buzz I get any time I turn the volume on is. I've read the blog and I know they're doing everything they can to improve the feed, but wouldn't you normally check out the connection and prepare for these problems before the show?

I just wanted to come back and say I watched the stallion classes this afternoon, and not only was the look and sound of the feed much better, but I can finally expand the screen. So no more complaining here - just a big THANKS again to AMHA and the sponsors for letting us watch at home!

I wasn't home to watch much today, but am really looking forward to watching next weekend.

Congrats to all the winners!!

Barbie

Latest posts

Back