Central Championship Show Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

First of all, thanks for induldging me. I'm so freakin' happy to have had the opportunity to go to a show! I haven't been able to show since World in 2009 and I've really, really missed it.
default_yes.gif
This weekend so was darn awesome - seeing so many old friends, making new ones and the best part - showing!
default_aktion033.gif

I got to show my mare Scarlet and my friend's mare, Sunshine. I also got to see, among MANY others, Ed Sisk and Valerie Escalera, Brenda Sellwood and Bre, Erin Petrelli, Elizabeth and Jerry Ellis, Charlotte and Frank, Becky, Adam Longman, James Walsh, John and Jennifer Bennett and William and Rebecca...just to name a few.
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm totally sure I've forgotten to mention a ton of others I saw.

My friend's mare, BJS Little Miss Sunshine measured as the tiniest horse at the show at 26.25". She's an adorable yearling palomino pinto that won her Open class with Ed and came in reserve with me in Ammy. I'll also get to show her at World.

My mare, Star Ridge Acres Golden Opportunity "Scarlet" measured 27.75" and earned unanimous Senior Mare 28" & Under (3 in class) and Ammy Senior Mare 30" & Under, Level 1 (3 in class) and then got Reserve in Color. But what is the best about this whole thing is that in mid-June of this year I had to remove Scarlet from the home I'd sold her to as a yearling due to neglect. Now, nothing about neglect is good, but what IS good about it is that I discovered it and was able to stop it from going any further. When I brought her home, she was extremely thin and had little to no muscle tone. She also had some scaring on her back that I attributed to being bitten by another horse. The weekend of July 4th, Ed came by my farm and we decided he was going to take her and see if he could work with her on her condition and weight. I'd had her about 3 weeks at that point and she still looked very poor and her coat was still scruffy from winter and poor nutrition. Ed took her and 4 weeks later this is what we have:

scarletAMHACentralShow20112web.jpg

She still has a LONG way to go, but I am THRILLED with what I see so far!
default_wub.png
And when Val clipped her for the first time she discovered the scaring wasn't from bites but probably this mare had either had a harness saddle or belly rope put on her and LEFT ON HER for an extended period of time!
default_no.gif
She has deep scaring across her belly in a 2-3" width. It's so bad that one of the judges came up to me and asked me to explain. The class had basically ended (color) so we talked for several minutes. I explained the situation and the judge looked under her belly and said "I've been in horses a long time and I can tell you that didn't happen overnight. That type of scaring comes from prolonged rubbing or gouging." She also said for me to tell Ed he'd done a miraculous job of getting her in such good shape in such a short period of time. And even with her scaring, this particular judge carded her first in color.
default_yes.gif

Thanks so much for letting me share. It's been a long couple of years for me (and apparently for miss Scarlet too
default_sad.png
) so it's nice to have some happiness at the end of the tunnel.

Look for Scarlet and Sunshine at World! And a HUGE congratulations to everyone at Central! The quality of the horses blew my mind!
default_firstprize.gif

Congrats Parmela- she looked great! So glad you are back in the showring!

Congrats buddy it was so great to see u. Missed u bunches.

OMG Peggy! How could I not mention I saw you??????
default_new_shocked.gif
And you were specifically one of the folks I'd hoped to see. So glad I got to!
default_yes.gif

Congrats Parmela- she looked great! So glad you are back in the showring!

WHAT A THRILL! I'm so happy for you Parm!!!

Scarlet is lovely! I'm SO glad she's back with you! That poor baby, what she must have gone through!

Oh, I wanna see a pic of Sunshine
default_yes.gif

Good luck at World!!!

Congratulations Parmela, what a nice mare and what a great outcome to her story!
default_smile.png

Jan

Congratulations - both on the placings, and on getting back to the show ring! Your mare is absolutely beautiful - and so lucky that you got her back and she is loved and taken care of again!

Thanks so much! I should have taken a picture of the scaring, but I will at World. I've been calling the people I got her back from but haven't heard from them yet.

And I almost forgot, l got to see Heather and Shannon and Raven is all settled in at their place for the duration! *fingers crossed for the next 8 months*

I actually got to see her and she is very pretty. I would not have known she went through such a bad time.

For the first time ever, my husband was able to go to the show with our senior stallion and a friend from SD. I had the wonderful opportunity to fly down there for a day and watch the proceedings on thursday. Nice to see people I have been watching on the internet these last few years LOL.

Good luck with her! Best, Mary

Congratulations Parmela!
default_aktion033.gif
She is a beautiful mare, we enjoyed watching her show. Amazing job you and Ed did with her in a short amount of time. You should be very proud.

It was a pleasure meeting you. Hope to see you at Worlds.
default_saludando.gif

Congrats Parmela- SO happy for you!! And thanks for sharing the story - what an incredible turn-around.

What a wonderful story Parmela! I'm so glad you got Scarlet back, and congratulations on her wins!!

Pam

It was great to see you again Parmela!

And your little mare being scarred up.....What a conicidence! Our little mare is severely scarred too. On both sides of her chest. That just proves that a good horse will still be chosen by the judges even with some cosmetic scars.

Congratulations on her wins!

Charlotte

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all very much! If I wasn't on my phone I'd put a bunch of those heart smileys!

Congratulations, not only on your big wins but for the courage to get back in the ring. I had to lay off last year because of surgery and went back in this spring for one class only, let my daughter show the rest, I was a nervous wreck, so I know you were too. Good luck at Worlds, and have a bunch of fun visiting with everyone. So glad to hear you got Scarlet back and she is now in your loving care. Have a safe trip driving to Worlds and am looking forward to hearing about your experience. Terry
default_aktion033.gif

Back