CDE Events

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBrown

Reaction score
Where is the best place to get information on CDE events, what is required, where the events are held, etc?

Thanks for any information!

Where is the best place to get information on CDE events, what is required, where the events are held, etc?
Thanks for any information!
Leia
default_smile.png

You guys are a riot!
default_laugh.png
I appreciate the plugs for my site and of course I do recommend it, but the original and still-the-best introductory site is www.minihorsecde.com. That's where I learned about the sport and Martha has added some really great new articles on what's required, how CDE works and what you need to get started. Start with that one then go over to my site for harness, carts, pads, steel wheels, trace clip patterns, trainers, and links to lots of good articles and galleries. I've got lots of other fun stuff up my sleeve if I could ever manage to finish the updates!
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

Edited to add: I just noticed you're from Texas- be sure to talk to Al and Susan! They're desperately trying to find more drivers interested in trying it in the Lonestar State and would be happy to help you get started.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure to read Leia's assorted (or is that sordid) accounts of their adventures in Combined Driving. She gives very detailed reports that include everything from the marathon course walk to behind the scenes goings on.

When I finally get it written up, I'll have a newbie's experience with a very, very green horse and driver.

In addition to Al and Susan, Dr. Pam is also a CDE enthusiast.

Check out the CD-L listserv and Chronicle of the Horse Driving Forum for much more on CDE.

Finally, this blog follows a (rather well-heeled) woman and her Welsh Cob through their initial forays in CDE.

http://dawnalisa.blogspot.com/

Hmmmmm....let me think. Who lives an hour away and does primarily carriage driving? Oh yeah, ME!!! Patty and I are headed down to Navasota in Nov--I can have you in a cart dressed to go so fast you head will spin. Or, come and watch!!

Hmmmmm....let me think. Who lives an hour away and does primarily carriage driving? Oh yeah, ME!!! Patty and I are headed down to Navasota in Nov--I can have you in a cart dressed to go so fast you head will spin. Or, come and watch!!
You'll regret it if you just come to watch. You need to come show with us.

Now you have an offer of help close by, no excuses
default_yes.gif

See? There ya go!
default_thumbup.gif
All set up with local help and everything.
default_yes.gif

susanne said:
Be sure to read Leia's assorted (or is that sordid) accounts of their adventures in Combined Driving.
Hey! I resemble that remark....

Leia

Wonderful information everyone....I really appreciate it! However, it's not for me but several friends who love driving I was "trying" to tell about these events but didn't have enough information or know where to go to find it. You're all great! I will pass it on.

Thanks!!!

Or, you (or they) can come directly to me. I am the head of the organizing committee for the Haven Hill Driving Trial in Navasota, TX on November 8,9. I am also the president of the Houston Area Carriage Association,

HHDT IV

HACA

Wonderful information everyone....I really appreciate it! However, it's not for me but several friends who love driving I was "trying" to tell about these events but didn't have enough information or know where to go to find it. You're all great! I will pass it on.
Thanks!!!
Sure it's for your friend. Sharman, I KNOW you have a deep longing to wear really cool hats
default_laugh.png

Back