Canfield sale. if you wanted a nice little horse at

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggravation Acres

Reaction score
It was a buyers dream come true today.

First of all. there were some very nice horses there.

There were only 27 horses that made it to the sale and 8 were no sale. But no one could blame them for not selling their horses.

13 horses sold for under $500

The top went for $1,700 and he was a georgeous Frame Overo stallion.

I must say J and S farms you had some very nice horses there.

(Me and my husband were the ones setting in the second row near you)

Deb

A friend said there was a nice cremello filly there. I asked her to bid on her for me but --- she got busy and wasn`t in the ring when she sold so I missed out
default_unsure.png
: I guess that`s a good thing as I really am trying to cut back and must be good!!
default_yes.gif
:

i really think the lack of promotion hurt this sale. some friends and i thought about going but since the website wouldnt work and theres no preview it was just too far to drive not knowing what would be there. for us it would have been 3.5 hrs each way. also having it so close to the little king sale probably didnt help either

13 horses under 500 that is just sad. Not at all what i want to see as a breeder. Were fillies selling that low?

I talked to two of the members and told them I thought they needed to put some $$ into advertising and also, like you said, an updated web site, maybe even with pictures. The sale is over 4 hours from us but I would have gone IF they had more horses consigned. There is even FREE advertising by posting on the many sales boards etc. I think they should make one BIG effort to promote the auction and see what happens. The auction in Md yesterday, brought in 75 horses, most were R registered. I think this was their first mini horse auction. Adding Miniature donkeys also seems to bring more buyers!!

The overo stallion that was high price at the sale was AMHR registered. There were several bred A&R mares in the auction!

Hi Deb, Thank you for your comments
default_smile.png
I didn't realize that was you and your husband. I had been talking with many people concerning the horses we had there and it's hard to keep names with faces.

We honestly bring horses with quality to this sale, to sell. We are pretty up front about that. We didn't no sale any horse we had there. Although the prices were low on some, they all went to great loving homes
default_wink.png
: I personally could see the excitement in the two young girls faces when their parents purchased "Kayne". Had they not been on the final bid, I would've no saled him. Those two girls were loving all over him from the time we arrived there with the horses. They even braided his hair :bgrin So to us, letting him go to a home with that kind of attention and love was way more important then his selling price.

Same for the black colt. The little girl was leading him around after he went through the ring, had a new halter,lead and blanket and renamed him "Sampson" :bgrin

The prices sure didn't reflect the quality by any means and I really dislike hearing people claim all or most auctions are dumping grounds :no:

We as a farm consign horses here in the same form as the bigger named farms holding their own production type sales.

I will say there were 5 questionable horses there that the experienced horse person would know what was up with. I must say I was both surprised and very disappointed with both of those sellers :no:

Kaykay, to answer your question about fillies..Prices were down on some but they outsold most colts.

Yes there are some improvements that could be made by the club to better this sale. Changing the date could very well be one but not because of the Little King sale. My vote for a change in date is directed at the weather factor. To be honest, we won't body clip horses this late in the year for this sale. We had clipped them months earlier. The few that were body clipped were in slinkies the majority of the day and were shivering when not. It's chilly up there this time of year which also makes an impact on the amount of people who come out to the sale.

I personally don't like the tack sale very much. That's just my own personal opinion. It's not a good thing when the auctioneer is way up on a price for oodles of time,seller says I want this, pass them out. Not many items were actually bid on. To me that's not a tack sale. Might as well set up an area with the items price tagged and save your buyers and auctioneer time. Actually a tack swap meet open to the public might be a change of pace for the better.

As mentioned, the website listing the consignments wasn't that great. It took awhile for them to put it together and there were some mistakes with descriptions.

I want to say thank you to the buyers and also CJMM. You are always pleasant towards us and give 110% to get the correct information stated during the sale :aktion033:

Thank you mashin
default_rolleyes.gif
: I feel your horses were of good quality and I can tell you love them, most important to me. I was quit upset with the auctioneer, he didn't do much to promote your homozygous stallion even tho I wrote in big letters that he was homozygous.
default_wacko.png
:

I will print out the suggestions here & forward them to the right person. Please email me personally about the questionable sellers, we need to know this info. for future sales. Thank you cjmm

[email protected]

Where was the sale in Md ???

I would also like to say thank you to Cjmm she always gives a 110% and is so pleasent to talk to and helps in any way she can and for the the few horses that were there with problems let cjmm know she will handle it in an excellent manner.

We also traveled 3 1/2 hours to the sale and left early because it was so cold ...I would like to know where the sale was in md ??

Back