Can someone post a picture for me?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posting pictures for Joy

Here she is. I need to name her, but want an Indian name. any suggestions.

Joy2.jpg

Joy.jpg

What a neat color she is!!! She is a pintaloosa right? I see cute appy motteling on her face.

Yes, I consider her as a Pintoloosa, but her papers say Red Dun, I have no idea where they got that. She is a real sweet horse. The people that had her put Beauty on her papers, but I want to call her an Indian name.

what do you want the name to mean? i have a few websites that have lists of names and meanings, but tooooooo many for me to pick which meaning you want. i won't bother with those ones that no one can pronounce though. off to search those sites... i'll give you a few ideas, but have no idea want you want. she sure does look like an indian girl! beautiful!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

okay. Anpaytoo means radient. kind of sounds wierd, but whatever. Ayasha means little one. (that's probably going to suit her, and it's fun to say! what do you think?) Galilahi means attractive. i like that one too. kiwidinok means of the wind. Meoquanee means wears red. Sanuye means "red cloud at sundown". (that really seems to fit her.) that one's my favorite.

okay, those were some i liked. i got them off this site. hope this helps. tell us what you pick!!!

http://www.bchealth.com/services/birthcent...babynames.shtml

if those don't work, then there's always good old KOLENYA. kidding, kidding KIDDING!!! it's a Miwok name meaning "coughing fish." LOL.

good luck name picking!

edited to say: Galilahi is pronounces [GAH-lee-LAH-hee] i think, and is really fun to say. kind of rolls off the tongue. i like it. "attractive" fits her, and doesn't really change her old name of "Beauty".
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked under the natural Indian names & I can not pronouce them. LOL Guess I don't want any like that. Something to with Beauty or Happy or Joy. I may go with Dakota, but I thought that was a boy's name, but it is listed under the girl's names. What do you think?

well i'll try to find a simpler one...(searching the list....) ah ha. is Nizhoni too hard to pronounce?

maybe you could name her after a tribe? maybe Cheyenne, Cherokee, Shoshone, Shawnee. Maybe after a famous indian girl like Pocahantus (sp?) or Sacagewea, or...some other famous inidan. i can't remember any more right now. (well, my brain is dead, its after midnight and i'm half asleep.) so hopefully someone else can remember some indians? hope so. oh, and i do like the name Dakota. good luck on that name. I'm leaning towards either Cheyenne or Dakota.

maybe something with an indian type feel to it, but not an indian word? A horse at our barn is a paint and looks kind of indian. his name is Seven Feathers. kind of feels indian, you know?
default_yes.gif
:

She doesnt look red dun to me as the red on her shoulder doesnt look lighter than her head...did she have a dun parent?? Dont see any dorsal stripe either??? She sure is pretty tho!! And the colour is really unusual! Seven feathers is a cool name.....something like that would be good!!!!

She just looks like "Feather" to me. Frosted Feather. :lol:

She's very pretty.
ooooh, "Frosted Feather". I LIKE IT!! should deffinately be something like that, with "Feather..." in it.

Frosted Feather is such a pretty name! Good idea. what do you think, Joy?

O.K. How does this sound

Sweets Beauty GN Frosted Feather. She on application to register, so her name is not registered yet. I have to use what they have on the papers, but am adding on Frosted Feather. Will call her Feather.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back