Can minis have partial blue eyes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSR's_Judy

Reaction score
I have a new filly and she looks like she has partial blue eyes. Is this possible?

I would love to see pictures of minis that have partial blue eyes.

Judy

My Mini mare has a partial blue eye. I don't have any good photo's that show it, but I read in the new issue of The Horse magazine, that a partial blue eye is a "blue chip" eye. Although my mare only has a partial blue eye, her 2005 filly has 1 full blue eye. I'll see about getting or finding a photo of my mares partial blue eye.

Jen

Alison, your picture did not show up
default_sad.png

But I would love to see any pictures everyone has, is the partial blue as clear as a regular blue eye? Or is it a little darker?

Thanks for any pictures.

Judy

our newest has a partial blue eye. his sire almost always throws one blue eye on every foal. Heres a not very good pic of it but hes a moving target lol the whole right half of this eye is sky blue

codygoof.JPG

Hi Judy! :saludando:

We had a palo pinto mare with one partial blue eye, and the little stallion we use Magic (on my site) has a partial blue eye. On the ones I've known, the blue part was nice and blue and the brown part was brown.

I'd love to see your new girl! :aktion033:

I just sold a mini mare that had one blue eye and one partial blue eye. and I have an appy mare that has a partial blue eye. and I have a stallion with two blue eyes the one in my Avater. Around our place its common to see a horse with blue eyes around here.

I don't have any pictures to show, but my silver dapple mare has a partial blue eye. It is a bright blue.

Hi Reo,

I will get a picture of her tomorrow on post it.

That might be easier then I can get everyones option on if she has a partial blue eye.

Judy

Reo, Magic is beautiful. He is a very handsome guy.

Here's an August photo of Dolly that shows the bright blue strip in her left eye. The rest of that eye is very very dark blue. Her other eye is bright blue. There also was a Quarter Horse at the guest ranch we used to live at that had an odd shaped bright blue part to one eye and the rest was dark brown.

Dolly-face.jpg

And btw Kay, that baby is ADORABLE!! What a cute and sassy upturned little nose!
default_wub.png
:

Yes, horses can have partial blue eyes.

My Cross Country Rowdys Reflection daughter, Hope (Harrells Rowdys Refection of Hope), has one partial blue eye. Standing back from her, it's hard to notice. You have to look close as both eyes look brown at a glance. She is only 4yo but has had 2 daughters (both buckskins!), and one has a partial blue eye. I own one of her daughters, but not the one with a partial blue eye. This is Hope's partial blue eye:

HOPE%20EYE.jpg

Latest posts

Back