Camcorder

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvf

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new camcorder. And wondering what kind everyone has and what they like and don't like about it.

Any input would be appreciated as I don't have a clue what to get.

but I do want a nice one.

Thanks everyone

No opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you hope to do with the videos you take? What types of things will you be video taping?

I would avoid anything that's still using a tape to record. Most people want to take short videos that they can easily share with family and friends, usually online. Getting a taped video uploaded to your computer takes A LONG TIME! And is very large in size when you do. That's another thing to keep in mind. If you think you're going to take lots of "keeper" videos, be prepared to have a good storage/backup system so you don't chew up all your computer's drive space, which will adversely effect you computer's performance.

I think by staying with your Canon, Sony, JVC, and brands like them, you're likely to get something quite useful. I think that setting a price point is likely a good place to start.

With that said, we purchased a Flip camera last year and I love it. For the very little video recording we do, it serves our purposes very nicely. It's really easy to get the video from the camera to your computer.

I got the JVC for Christmas a few years ago and it is MARVELOUS!! Easy to use and download stuff, super nice pictures. If you want to see video from mine search Youtube for "Graham's Kings Fashion 2010 Nationals" as I took those pix for Mags. (I can't do it here for you- blocked at work.)

I've been researching the Flip and have heard nothing but good things about it - the best being you can stick it in your pocket or purse.
default_smile.png

I appreciate your advice. I want to be able to upload easily to my computer. I was looking at sony's and JVC, but those Flip ones might be what i want too.

I just thought i would see what everyone seems to like first before I buy.

thanks everyone.

I do have an old one with a small tape, but i am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to upload to the computer with that one. It took nice movies though.

Latest posts

Back