Calgary Stampede

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
Last week was the Miniature Horse Show at the Stampede, which is always my favorite show! Both cause it's close to home, and because we share venues with all the other agriculture events there's a lot of downtime, which means more visiting!!

There was over 90 horses this year, and lots of good driving horses, as many as 15 in a class, and really good quality, it was great!

The highlight for me was showing in the Saddledome between the heavy horse classes ... we got all the perks, accompanied by the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, spotlights, the jumbotron and a "colour commentator" who did a great job.

Hawk in Versatility, jumping in the Saddledome:

http://showchampions.com/image_bank/image_...32&count=53

My mom's team did great, they won the Lord Sterling Cup for Utility Team Hitch ... I think it's the third time that these two horses have won it, but it's been about 4 years since the last time, so they did really well! There was four great teams in the class, and they got the red carpet treatment as well, I snapped this picture from the rail and thought it was neat, can see they were in the spotlight!

zacduke07.jpg

Zac and Duke

A couple people mentioned they wanted to hear how the colt we clipped last week did at the show ... not bad for a horse that was really only just halter broke, he was reserve under both judges and Reserve Canadian National Junior Gelding! He did great, showed like a little pro!!

kiprusoff2.jpg

Kiprusoff

Hawk also got a reserve in Roadster, which was great!!

The judges were so good, very personable and friendly and hung out after the show and visited and gave advise and put on a couple very well received clinics. They are definately on our "good judges" list and we'll have to try to get them back to judge a show in this area again soon!!

After the show there was a sale, and we brought home a new addition, meet Sami's Ovation De Banana!

banana2.jpg

edited to add a better pic of Banana, taken today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that looks like you had a great show!!!

I love your chestnut gelding, he reminds me of my now weanling, Pyro.

The team looks beautiful and your new purchase, too!!! Would love to hear more. Mare, gelding, stallion?

Congratulations!

Liz M.

Hey! Wow..you must be so proud of your little man..I knew he did good but I didn't know he did that good! I knew i was correct in admiring him. Congrats on the new horse..she is a cutie. Good luck in Red Deer.

OH WOW!!! I am SOO excited that you guys took home Ovation!!!! She is awesome and I know you really liked her!

I was very impressed with the few classses I saw! You guys did well!

Kendra, the Miniature Horse Show at the Stampede was great again this year! You, your mom, Louise and all the rest of the committee did a great job of setting it up and making everyone feel welcome. Rod enjoyed driving in the Saddle Dome too.

I think we did more visiting this time than ever before; everyone is so friendly.

We are still recovering from our trip home but had such a good time.

Heather

We are still recovering from our trip home but had such a good time.
I hope it was less eventful than your trip out!!

Ovation De Banana is a mare, a daughter and great grand-daughter of Top Banana, and I found out when I looked her up after we got her home that she did some pretty successful showing in her younger days!

:aktion033: l watched your gelding class Kendra you deserved your win..there were some nice geldings in there. And your mom did a great job with the team..but then l always think she does anyway.

Meadowind was nice seeing you again Salena was inspired each time your hubby said she did well in driving with Dot and decided not to throw in the towel just yet with her..

How did the sale go? Were sellers generally pleased with the prices their horses brought? May I ask what was the high selling price? (I just had someone call and ask me if I'd heard, so I said I'd ask for her!)

How did the sale go? Were sellers generally pleased with the prices their horses brought? May I ask what was the high selling price? (I just had someone call and ask me if I'd heard, so I said I'd ask for her!)

Not sure what the high selling horse was, but I would say that in general they sellers wouldn't be that pleased with the prices, was certainly a buyers market.

Back