C- Section and lost foal today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im so sorry for your loss im going through the same thing also I pray for you and your mare.Hugsssssssssss to you.

So sorry for your losses. I have been breeding minis for over 12 years and yes we usually lose 1-3 foals a year no matter what I do. I wonder if it is fescue u are having problems with? Sure hope things get better for u.

My heart goes out to you. Raising Miniature Horses can be a heart breaking thing, and it can also be wonderful.

We have been raising Mini’s for 30 years now and we sure have had our bad luck too.

The last 2 years were a couple of bad ones for us, with losing 2 or 3 foals each of those years.

In fact I also lost one of my best yearling colts 2 years ago…. I had just clipped and bathed him, and took some wonderful pictures of him…. I had him out in the yard just walking him around for a bit.. He reared up and for a split second he was standing on one leg, he came down on the other one and his back leg just snapped…. I will never forget that sound. Needless to say, we had to put him down. I cried a long time over that one.

There are times I have wondered why I still do this….but then again, if I didn’t have these horses then I might as well just lay down and die.

Hang in there, hugs to you. And hoping you mare will be ok.

I am so sorry for your loss, that is so sad.

I don't think breeding and foaling is for everyone. You do what's right for YOU and don't listen to anyone else.

Back