Bwahahaha!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesi

Reaction score
You know those handy little carrot sticks Pat Parelli uses? You know, the SIXTY-SOME dollar ones!?

Well, I'm interested in that stuff, but don't have the money to be buying one..

The other day at the feed store, I saw pretty much the same thing, but it didn't have a price tag on it. I took it to the older gentleman at the register and asked how much it was. He looked it over and said he had no idea. I said, "how's four dollars sound?"

DONE!

Hehe, I was so excited! LOL
default_risa8.gif

Ummmmm.... a lot of that "natural horsemanship" stuff is just other stuff which they market and then mark up 400% to make money off of you. Parelli is one of the worst for marked-up gimmicks. That's why I just can't buy into the NH stuff... they literally want you to BUY in!

The so-called "carrot sticks" are just pig show sticks/hog poles for sorting and moving them around... the already come in many colors and are usually $10 or less.

Andrea

default_wacko.png
Ummmmm.... a lot of that "natural horsemanship" stuff is just other stuff which they market and then mark up 400% to make money off of you. Parelli is one of the worst for marked-up gimmicks. That's why I just can't buy into the NH stuff... they literally want you to BUY in!
The so-called "carrot sticks" are just pig show sticks/hog poles for sorting and moving them around... the already come in many colors and are usually $10 or less.

Andrea
Um, are you trying to hurt me!?
default_mlala.gif

LOL Just kidding.

Now, I don't but any of the products, but I do like a lot of techniques from different trainers. I have Pat Parelli's book, but it's to repetitive for me to get through, plus I'm super ADD. But our neighbor came and helped me work with my Walker stud and she used the "hog pole" to do the 'friendly game' things, and after just 3-4 sessions he really improved. That's what I got mine for, but there are no stores near here that sell them. (Maybe I should look in the livestock section?)

But, on a side note, I do think Craig Cameron beats Pat Parelli!
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

congratulations on you 'find'. I have never wasted money on a carrot stick, but have been told that they make great tomato stakes in the garden.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back