Bump/sore by my filly's mouth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
Today I was playing with Critique and I noticed a bump by her mouth. Its about a little less then 1/2 inches in diameter and it looks a little sore. What do you think this is and what should I do about it. My grandma told me to open it up and let it drain and then put some hydrogen poroxide(SP) on it? Should I do this? Tomarrow I will try and get pics in the light and then post but for now I have a picture of where its at. Look by her mouth and then look at the yellow circle its somewhere in that area. I didn't get to look at it long as we was in a hurry but I am worried. Please help.

Thank you,

Gage

IMG_32812.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a wart, now I think Marty has a way of getting rid of them, something to do with a potatoe?

Marty or someone can you help her? Thanks

It's a wart, now I think Marty has a way of getting rid of them, something to do with a potatoe?

Marty or someone can you help her? Thanks
I don't think its a wart. It looks alot worse then a wart. I hope someone can help her too:)

Thanks!

Gage

Hmm.. Well, my friend's mare had something like that in the same place on her nose. It looked like a bug bite (kinda sore and reddish on the top), and it is a non-cancerous tumor. I can't remember what the real name for it is though, but it is really long.. lol

If it doesn't go away soon, I would get a vet out to check her.

Cute filly by the way!

Hmm.. Well, my friend's mare had something like that in the same place on her nose. It looked like a bug bite (kinda sore and reddish on the top), and it is a non-cancerous tumor. I can't remember what the real name for it is though, but it is really long.. lol

If it doesn't go away soon, I would get a vet out to check her.

Cute filly by the way!
oh thats comforting... A TUMOR? If its not gone by Monday I am calling the vet. I might call him sooner if everyone thinks I should...?

thanks for the compliments... She dosen't look good in that picture. And of course shes now all hairy:)

Gage

If it is a wart..... Castor oil works to make them go away faster also. No dont make her drink it....lol rub it on.

Gage, if you are really worried about it, I would suggest having your vet check it out. None of us can really see what it looks like from that picture, to enable us to give any "sound" advice. We can advise you what to do "If" it is certain things....but you need to know WHAT it is for sure before proceeding.
default_wink.png
:

Don't panic Palomino, tumour just means lump. I think mini is referring to a wart like growth called a sarcoid. But if it's come on suddenly, it's unlikely to be that. It could be any number of things but not likely to be serious, if it doesn't clear up in a few days, get your vet to check it out.

Kate

Gage, if you are really worried about it, I would suggest having your vet check it out. None of us can really see what it looks like from that picture, to enable us to give any "sound" advice. We can advise you what to do "If" it is certain things....but you need to know WHAT it is for sure before proceeding.
default_wink.png
:
Hi Dona,

I will be getting pictures of it today. I just used that picture to show where the general area is. I should have pictures of it tonight.

Thanks,

Gage

Latest posts

Back