Bulged disk

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairygirl

Reaction score
I'm at my wits end. Took a pain pill so if I sound like I'm not making since please ignore it.

I have been having problems with a bulged disk in my neck, C-5 and one lower then that, that is starting to bulge too. I have been having constant pain going down into my right arm, going numb and weakness. I'm right handed so it really sucks.

Has anyone had any success getting over this. This pain has got to end. I'm tired of it. Everything I do, I hurt. I'm short tempered at work and got my hand slapped today because I got short with a customer. Took me all day to get a check out of them to pay for a order of milk they had received from one of my drivers that morning. By late that afternoon I finally got it after going there myself and waiting another 45min. for the guy to come up and sign the check. so yes I was hot but being in pain made it worse. LOL. So I smarted off and left. People are getting on my nerves so bad lately and I know it is because i don't feel worth having.

Any way I'm going to a surgeon so he can see what he can do. My reg. doc has me on all kinds of stuff that I don't want to take because I either feel sick on it or it makes me tired all the time. So I sit all day at the office and it gets worse and worse because I don't take anything. I'm going crazy.

What I want to ask is there a light at the end of this tunnel? Has anyone had this fixed? I want this over.

What I've found that helps me is sleeping with one of those toilet seat shaped pillows.

Using it several nights in a row it helps to naturally and gently realign the neck and help bring down inflammation.

i'll sure try that with the pillow. I have been balling up the blanket and putting it under my neck at night. I did find a trick 2 weekends ago. when my arm starts hurting bad I can lean my head to the left and the feeling comes back. LOL. How crazy is that. guess I could walk around with my head cocked to one side all the time.

I tried the Chiro but that didnt help other then getting the stiffness out of my muscles.

I'm just really down about it and want a quick fix.
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

No quick fixes, but between a chiro and physical therapy???? There are some new back treatments as well, they opened a back clinic up here in the Twin Cities that does back therapy without surgery - if its up here, its gotta be near you too. Check it out.

I am completely over it. Had one at 14 (I'm 35 now)! I think I got totally over it by 18-20. But I think/know my youth had a lot to do with my healing. Even at that age it took a lot of stretching and healing and then strengthening my back muscles later. Exercise (once I was completely healed) is what cured it...and my youth. I had it in my lower back. I've never experienced pain like that since...Thank God. I wish you a full recovery...

I have 2 bulging discs as well (lower back) from a car accident 4 yrs ago...they JUST figured out what the problem was in January
default_no.gif
It's definitely painful and I completely understand where you're coming from...my poor hubby usually gets the brunt of it. My dr. has me on an anti-inflamatory that I take in the a.m. (works for 24 hrs) and a muscle relaxer at night (also 24 hrs) but I know what you're saying about being tired all the time. That stuff makes me sleeping and sometimes dizzy during the day...and at night I'm thankful for being able to sleep...but it does carry over to the next morning quite frequently. I haven't been given any hope of it going away....I wish there was some quick fix. Hang in there!

Tracy

I think it was maybe 7 yrs ago I fell stacking hay, the 100th bale just wouldn't go up and yes I was alone. Both of us fell to the concrete floor and I hurt 5 discs of mine. A wise woman (thank you Bonnie) recommended finding a local Reiki practitioner, which I did by calling the local hospital and physical therapy places. Magic, miracle, blissful...call it what you will but after Cecelia worked on me just once..I was hooked and after 6 weeks 3 times a week I was pretty much pain free. From there the rest is history, Reiki is my life and I believe...try it Hun....it will heal and help the pain and the disc. Oh I know mine still lurk if I am stupid and overdo but the Reiki and rest set it quiet in short order.

Other things, moist heat pads, PILLOWS in bed, anywhere you need support, I sleep with them all over the bed under the covers, and a recliner chair, yum...there's stones that can help too.
default_blush.png

God I was hoping someone had a magic cure for this.

You want to know how I hurt my neck. I got whip lash when my horse spooked. I hate even telling any one this. LOL.How many people you know have gotten neck injuries while riding and never leaving the saddle?. I was riding my big fat AQHA gelding, Old Man. that was his old name. I have a new one for him now. Old Bast**d.

Any way, I wanted to try out my brand new show saddle. One of the new seats with the center pocket that helps keep you in place and puts you where you need to be on your horse. well that saddle held true to it's word. I felt so good and I bragged about it all the way around the neighborhood until someones dang bloodhound got out. Ran up to the horses. Stood up and Howled at us. Old Man lost his mind. he spun around twice. bolted, stopped hard, spun around to look at the dog and zigged and zagged back and fourth. I was trying my best to one rein him the whole time but he was too strong to pull around. I was so shocked that I stayed in the saddle after all of that, that I didn't have time to get scared. I was proud. My butt never even moved off that saddle. It was like I was glued to the seat.

By the time I got home my hand was numb and I couldn't figure out why, next day it went up my arm and by Wed. my whole arm was messed up. Long story short i can't ride and have a nice pretty saddle that done it's job sitting on the stand looking pretty. I have a big fat sassy horse in the pasture happy to be living life and I'm suffering.

doc put me on some nerve blockers but man they make me sick.

I have possibly the worst neck and back in the world. Lots of pain, lots of meds. Finally my doctor sent me to a surgeon who, quite naturally wanted to do surgery. Well, I'm not really up for that as it would have fused my vertebre together, thus limiting my neck movement. So I sought another route. Found a doctor who believe in "non surgical methods for controlling neck and back pain". WOW!! I got two injections of steroids directly into the problem area (don't worry I was asleep) and I walked out completely pain free. It's been almost two years now and I really can't complain. I am still virtually pain free. Only down side - the steroids lower your resistance to disease and boy was I sick for a while after that. Every cold, every sinus infection, EVERYTHING that someone in the office would get, I got. But once my immune system was back up and running, I was fine. Surgeons want to operate, that's what they do. This doctor believes surgery is a last option and consequently, uses it as a last resort. I am very pleased with the results and have recommended her to several friends/co workers who have had the same amazing results.

Latest posts

Back