Bugaboos!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What drives me nuts is when all somebody has to talk about on a gelding is pedigree. Sorry, I refuse to pay more for pedigree on a gelding. Judges don't get papers, what does it matter? ( I know, wonky genetic things, etc) but otherwise, seriously? He

cant pass it on! I will buy a nice gelding from no name lines over an eh one from world champ lines any day of the week. No bad lines for a nice show horse. I had someone try to sell me a very green 4 yr old QH gelding with already wonky joints for a ridiculous price cause his daddy was a big name stud. I went for the rescue Arab x with unknown history instead. Can't say I lost sleep over it at all!

Now a mare or stud is a completely different story....

Hey, question here, something else that bothers me is *seen* used in what I thought was the wrong context. But it is so common maybe I am the one that is wrong. "I seen it on the news. They seen the same thing this morning. Maybe you seen it in the barn." Shouldn't that be *saw*?
I'm quite certain in those instances, the correct word is "saw".

My biggest one is not a word (I guess it is word related as it is listed in show ground rules), dogs being allowed run loose at horseshows by people who think that the rules don't apply to them and the show managers who do nothing to enforce the rule.

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. I just hate having them running around loose at the shows. It's an invitation for an accident, wreck or someone getting bit. No matter how sweet a dog is, there is always a chance of it bitting someone strange. Or spooking a horse that perhaps had been attacked by dog(s) in the past and now is afraid of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't spell anymore because I'm old and forgot how. I also forgot where I put my spell checker. i'm allowed.

But yes, this stuff is funny and so very very true!

I saw an ad yesterday for a horse standing in a pile of junk. He was so filthy and you could see his mane and tail hairs hanging on the barbed wire fence behind him. Owner said he had one "flat" foot and limped but it didn't keep him from riding the trails. OMG kill me now! Owner also said he thought the horse was 11. Isn't it amazing that horses never seem to age over 11 when there are no papers?

I'm mostly tolerant of people's inability to spell or use the correct words or punctuation... However, if you're in an 'industry' that has specialized words and phrases, then you should know how to use and how to spell them correctly, especially if you're selling, showing, or promoting. You're representing yourself and the industry. If you're incorrect, how do you expect anyone to buy or take what you're promoting seriously?

Who wants to buy a $10,000 Welch pony or well-bread mare or guilding?

That is the bottom line for me... ;)

My biggest one is not a word (I guess it is word related as it is listed in show ground rules), dogs being allowed run loose at horseshows by people who think that the rules don't apply to them and the show managers who do nothing to enforce the rule.

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. I just hate having them running around loose at the shows. It's an invitation for an accident, wreck or someone getting bit. No matter how sweet a dog is, there is always a chance of it bitting someone strange. Or spooking a horse that perhaps had been attacked by dog(s) in the past and now is afraid of them.
What I think is even worse is when it says they must be on a leash and the owners take that to mean put a leash on the dog and let it run loose dragging the leash. I have had more than one tell me the sign said the dog had to be on a leash it didn't say anyone had to be holding it. I mean come on people common sense here!

"We was going to sale this horse ...." WHO is this individual named "We"?? (never heard that until I moved to Arkansas....and yes, I've been accused of being a "Yankee Snob"). I also wondered if perhaps they were going to take the horse boating and just spelled 'sail' wrong?

Another one. Great "confirmation." So your horse is catholic? Congrats on the wonderful ceremony I guess.

I grew up in Mr. Welch's house in Westfield, NY!

The Welch's grape Juice C. sent all the enw goodies they were making to our school to test them.....Some were AWFUL!

We raised 100 acres of Grapes for them tho.......

Back