buckeroo plus ??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denny10012

Reaction score
I wanted to start a bit of a fun topic - I really like the Buckeroo bred horses and would love to own one - if i ever got the chance what blood line of mares do you all think would be the best cross to a Buckeroo son...and why

Well I personally love the Buckeroo and L&D Scout cross so I would probably get an L&D Scout daughter or granddaughter to cross with a buckeroo bred horse. Although we have lots of others that cross well with our Buckeroo bred stallions that is just the most common bloodline that I see of other people's horses that I like. Plus we own a Buckeroo and Scout granddaughter and she produces some pretty outstanding foals no matter who she is bred to!

I'm quite partial to the Buckeroo and Scout cross as well. It's what we are planning to do with the female offspring of our two stallions (part of our long-term breeding program).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rowdy!!! Plenty of fine examples of that cross in the books, around New England and on our farm. Max combined all those plus Blue Boy.

I am very fond of the Rowdy X Buckeroo cross myself, it certainly has produced some incredible horses
default_wub.png
Another of my favorites, are the Gold Melody Boy bred mares, crossed with Buckeroo.

I feel that Buckeroo crosses well with just about any other bloodlines. We were the first to concentrate almost exclusively with Rowdy and Buckeroo-hence the Rowbucks. The Rowbuck brood mares are everything to us.

As to why-

Buckeroo- More than anything else what I like about the Buckeroo horses is that they seem to wake up in the morning and say I wonder what wonderful thing will happen today. They seem to like people and are very forgiving of human mistakes.

Rowdy mares - The are tough and EXTREMELY good mothers. They breed easily - foal easily and take good care of their babies. Also I have never had a Rowdy mare founder or have any foot or hoof problems.

King Supreme!

My program is the opposite. I have a double bred King Supreme Son "Little Kings Sentra Supreme" with Buckeroo g-daughters. Also some of my mares carry other lines like King Supreme, GMB, Rhotens Little Dandy, Flight of Fancys Champagne Taste, Komokos, Johnstons, and many others which cross well with my Sentra.

Not really so different MindyLee. Just about all of our brood mares are Buckeroo grand daughters. But, they are out of Rowdy grand daughters and then now are being bred to different lines.

Latest posts

Back