Brokers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky1

Reaction score
I'm not talking about horse dealers, just brokers. Ever heard of them? How do you feel about them? Good, bad, ugly? Would you use one if you had trouble advertising? Or would you just stick with your website? Have you used any before with good feelings afterward or mixed? Was it stress releaser to have someone else answer all the responces from the tire kickers to the scammers to the actual interested party? Please no names, if you want to name names please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of a trainer in PtHA who works as a broker very successfully. If I were in need of a specific PtHA horse (big or mini) I would have no problem contacting her and letting her do the leg work for me. I also know people who she has sold horses for and they have been very satisfied. It is important to ask for referrences and to ask around and find out the opinions of other people who are not referrences for the broker. A good broker can be worth their weight in gold and get much more for your horse than you would have alone.

I've done this with some local people. Their reasons for wanting me to do it varied, but part of it was they didn't like the Internet, they don't get good pictures, they don't have a web site, they don't have the time.

You're probably talking about someone that does this professionally. I just do it to help them and the occasional 10%.

A good broker can be worth their weight in gold and get much more for your horse than you would have alone.
I agree with this and those that are good well word spreads quick same with those that aren't

It is in the brokers best interest (the truly professional ones) to make sure that both buyer and sellers needs are met as a huge part of there buisness is repeat clients

Edited to add the following could apply to brokers also so it pays to do your homework well. Some things to think about............. Don't know if this person considers themselves a broker or not but this is a statement made by them, " of course I am going to try to sell my own horses first"........... If you are paying monthly board to this person that is suppose to be trying to sell your horse please be aware that you may be paying board a loooooong time with no results - in other words you will be on the back burner unless they absolutely do not have anything else to offer the person looking - that board is paying their bills....................... Lee & I are not brokers but if we do not have what a buyer is looking for we try to send them to someone that does. We send them to people we trust but we have found that some buyers do not want to deal with "strangers" - what I am saying is they may not want your horse because they do not know you & how you care for your horse.....................Through the years I have also noticed some "brokers" choose to remain uninformed about details on a horse - thus not lying when they say. "I don't know"..... Personal experiences here thus the reason we don't buy through someone else anymore ( other people may be like this also).. The broker may use your horse to help sell theirs - ................... It all boils down to the honesty & integrity of the broker & their business ethics. Best of luck in finding one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back