Bringing Lance home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New mini

Reaction score
I am finally going to bring Lance home this weekend. I am so excited it has been over a month since my family purchased him for me. I had to wait until Cathy Waxler got back from Worlds to go get him and last weekend I was tied up. I am boarding him in a large barn across the street from me. This way I can work and drive him all winter as the have 2 indoor rings. I am looking forward to having fun with him and getting to know and drive him. I am finally becoming a real member here with a mini.

Great news. Good that he will be boarding so close to you. You will enjoy driving so much. Have fun and need to see pictures when he gets

here and you get him settled.

Congratulations! I'm jealous of your indoor situation but so excited to see pictures of your new boy!

Leia

I know that I am lucky to have this farm across the street from me. It is going to be interesting there as Lance will be the only mini. They have a few ponies but mostly full sized horses. It is known that someone was bringing in a mini and I finally said it was me. Most people are curious about him. Going to be interesting to drive there. I am going to have to block out some time as the big horses are going to spook if I am in the arena with them driving. Really looking forward to all this. Will post pictures when I can get some.

Congratulations, and welcome home, Lance!

As for the big horses, consider yourself the ultimate despooking tool.

So, is he "home" now??? Descriptions of his fitting in and pictures of you/him in new home would be good!

Lance has been here in Northeast Ohio for the last week. He has adjusted very well to the barn he is stabled at. He is the only mini there and is spoiled rotten by everyone there. Everyone one is really taken with him and he gets lots of scratches and treats when he is out of his stall with me, I have driven him and he is a real pleasure to drive. The attached picture was taken on a real windy day so it is not the best. I normally drive with my hands higher, gloves and a helmet on.

P1000271.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back