Bred mare in heat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doffy

Reaction score
I have a mare that i think is bred and it appears that she is starting to make a bag.. Is it possible for a bred mare to actually show signs of a standing heat, actually begging for the stallion to breed her and for her to actually be bred? i did see the stallion mount her and breed he. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this happen? thanks in advance for any info you can tall me.

Doffy

Yup...had 3 of the little "hussies" that showed strong heats back in October. One already had a baby and the other 2 are due in a week or two.

Yes, we use to have a mare that came in heat after she was in foal..... If you want to find more answers, this topic was discussed last week (I think) - probably is several pages down by now.

Yes they can. I have 3 mares doing it, all 3 are in foal. Had the vet here last week and he checked and knows for sure 2 are in foal, third he couldn't tell. They are to small to palpate he says. One mare has dropped, has the V shaped and had drops of milk on her udder. She did this last year too around the same time and did not foal until 2 weeks later. I wish they would hurry up and foal.

hello,

my mare we know is in foal tease the stud a few months after being breed, but now she don't tease him. This mare is due end of july first of aug.

i have two mares that were breed before we got them showing signs of heat now.I hope they are breed, but the mares are showing signs of heat these days for some reason. I wish we had a vet would could ultrasound around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep it has happened here. Not often but it has.
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back