Breast augmentation?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigeresss

Reaction score
Hopefully this is allowed here...not sure if it crosses the line or not. It is a medical thing...

In any case I'm wondering if anybody here has had breast augmentation, specifically to correct asymmetrical problems? Obviously posting photos would be inappropriate but if anybody would like to share their experiences (even if it wasn't to correct asymmetrical problems) it would be appreciated. Would you do it again? Problems? Pros/Cons? Any information would be great.

I have a friend that had enlargement done several years ago and she loved the end result but said if she had known how painful it was she never would of done it. Other than the pain right after she has no cons to it
default_wink.png
!!!

I will say I am not sure if I would say she has a very high pain tolerence though!!
default_biggrin.png

I have been there done that - it was/is a life changing event for me -- all for the positive. Definately not a walk in the park - takes at least 2-3 mos for the swelling to go down and there is ongoing pain for a significant length of time after that. I do admit that I am a lousy patient and did a lot of things I should not have done in order to take care of the animals -- listen to your Dr and follow orders -- NO heavy lifting for at least 2 mos - get the rest you need, take the time off that he recommends. I had my surgery done on a Wed before Thanksgiving and was back at work the following Monday -- dumb, dumb, dumb -- should have been out for at least a month.

Would I go thru it again - absolutely in a New York second - I would just be a better patient and make darn good and sure that I had help ready to do all the everyday chores - you might have no idea of how much lifting, bending, twisting, etc you do in a day, but each one of those extra moves is messing stuff up inside and preventing healing from taking place.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details - my situation was truly not cosmetic, but it definately changed my outlook on life.

Stacy

I had it done, purely for cosmetic reasons. It's been 5 years since I had mine done and I love it!!!! I went from a 36A to a 36D. I'm 5'10" tall and my top half looks so much more in proportion to my hips. I had it done on a Thursday morning and was back to work the following Monday. Please take the doctor's advice and follow his orders EXACTLY. No heavy lifting, this includes no housework, such as vacuuming the carpet!! If you need help taking care of your animals, find someone to help! You will mess everything up if you try to lift something or do any heavy work. The pain is the worse for a couple of weeks, but then after that it decreases a bit everyday. Just make sure you find a good cosmetic surgeon that has a good reputation and has done a lot of these surgeries. If he or she has a website, check it over carefully. They should have plenty of pictures from other patients surgeries. Good luck!!
icon1.gif

I had mine done back in 1997 and I never regretted it. I went from a tiny 36b to a full 36c. Mine were NOT rounded so I maninly did it for cosmetic reasons. Plus, I'd been full on the bottom my whole life and nothing on top and I was tired of that. I wanted SOMETHING and NOT look like I owned ROCKETS. LOL It's ok Laugh it was funny
default_biggrin.png

I agree with everyone else you NEED to follow your Dr's advice. I took a week off of work and that seemed enough for me, the pain was managed by pain pills and I didn't think it was that bad AS long as I didn't reach about my shoulders which they tell you NOT to do for a certain amount of time.

4 years ago I went in and had a lift. When I had a augmentation that's all that was done and I STILL somewhat had the problem of not being high enough and other problems that were my body's problem. So the lift fixed that. I was happy about it, felt so much better about myself. I WOULD do the lift again as well. If you have any questions like someone else say's please pm me, I'll answer what I can. TJ

I had a breast REDUCTION. It wasnt bad at all. Went from a 36 DD to a 36 large C. I am 5'4" and a hair dresser, so my neck, back and shoulders were always hurting and I always had groves in my shoulders from my bra, because my breast were very heavy. I believe it totaled between 7-8 pounds they took off. They now sit where there suppose too, and I feel soooooo much better. It was out-patient surgery , and I wore drains in each breast for a week. then went back and had those removed. I think I may have taken pain pills on and off for about a week, mostly at night when I slept. Mine really didnt hurt. Of course they bind you tight with an elastic bandage for that first week and you leave wearing a sports bra. It was kindof strange, when they took off the bandage I looked like I had golf balls for breast ! I told the nurse I thought the doctor misunderstood me, because I was suppose to be a C not an A. She just laughed and told me everyone says that, and that they will fill out. They did, and I am very happy with them. Good luck, and be sure to shop around for a doctor that knows what they are doing and will show you before and after pictures of thier work. Thats the most important thing.

Linda Killion

Back