BREAK IN.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dynamic Duo

Reaction score
I work at a barn called Halter. We are a non-profit orginization that uses larger minis for young children and special needs children to ride. The week before thanksgiving, our stock trailer was stolen. And the day before thanksgiving the same person attempted to steal two horses, including my own that i board there. And then yesterday or later in the night, it was broken into and all of our tack was stolen. All saddles and 3 lawn mowers stored in the back were stolen.

I just recieved a text from my mom that they do have an idea of who stole it all, but to call her later.

The cops have been on the case since the trailer was stolen without any luck until now. Please pray for:

Maria Pigozzi and her husband Mario Pinzon. These two wonderful people are friends with many LB people and are respected in the mini community. Please pray for their family and the horses, I will update as soon as I personally know more on the situation.

Thanks and God bless!

Alyx

Edit: I talked to my Mom and she said that was all she knew, she was talking about something else in the text. I am just so worried because the Special Needs riders are coming out Saturday and they wont be able to ride
default_sad.png
These kids are just so amazing and brave and their parents are so kind. So I guess pray for them too, it will be a while until these kids can ride again
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How awful!
default_no.gif
Somehow they've become an easy mark. Sounds like it's time to beef up security!! I'm so glad they weren't successful in stealing the horses.....other "stuff" can be replaced.

I think I would be getting a BIG dog. I had 2 horses stolen when I was young and the police didn't find them. I did! It took about 16 hours from when they were discovered gone until I got them back. I talked to everyone in the horse community I could think of. I found out the horses were taken to a pasture on the other side of Sacramento, CA from where I lived about 25 miles. The police would not have found them. When I found them the people told me I had to have "my own" horse trailer or they would not give the horses back. I almost exploded and told them if my horses were not returned I would turn them into the police and horse theaving was still a hanging offence. I got my horses back and I kept my word and did not turn these people in. I think what I am saying is to get your stuff back you have to be active in the search too. The police don't always know how to find things like horses and tack and trailers. They just are not high priorty for them it is sad to say. However, if I had it to do over again I would have turned those people in.

We do have a BIG dog. A black great dane named M, but she cant stay on the property. The cops are being total @$$ holes.
default_wacko.png
when the trailer was stolen, we closed for the weekend and had 4 different cars drive around houston and the surrounding area to look for it without any luck.

i would get active in the search myself, but the adults are all like, no no your only 15. its kind of stupid.

:DOH! :DOH!

I was about 15 when my horses were taken. The people used a truck to pull about 8 sections of fence out, loaded the horses they could catch and left. I talked to as many people as I could. Then someone I had worked for in her barn said "Oh, I know someone that just got a couple of new horses" and the recovery was on. It doesn't hurt to talk to people. But, if the adults say stay uot of it then they are most likely handleing it. Where this trailer and tack and stuff were taken, is there someone living on the property? If not maybe you need a care taker.

[SIZE=12pt]That is the most low down dirty thing! I feel so sorry for all involved. I hope everything gets recovered soon. [/SIZE]

Get the Media involved! Call your radio stations (or have an adult - simply because it may get more respect - please don't take that the wrong way!!) - call the TV stations, send e-mails to any congressmen, senators, mayors. Talk to the papers in the area - not just the local one. Send photos of the kids and horses E-mail.

Ruffian-right before I read your post, I found out that we are going to be on the local channel 26 news at 5 and 9! Maybe this will help catch those nasty thieves. And I understand 100% about the respect thing, I've been trying to get a publisher/editor for my book and have had to have my Mom talk to people!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wacko.png

Marty-it sure is! If I am able to get ahold of the jerks who did it, I will do my worst even if I am just a kid! I love the kids that I work with and buy them Christmas presents! They've been turned down by more elite programs and this is the last chance for some of these kids. They dont deserve this kind of crap.

Topnotch- Thanks, I hope we do too!

Maria and Mario are great people that saved me from the trouble of the streets and got me on a right path! They are more like parents to me then the folks I live with and I spend way more time out there! They are great to work with when purchasing a horse and great to work with! They have taught me everything I know about horses and a lot about life. They even helped me overcome my fear of riding. Breanne (_minihorses4ever_) used to work with them and board with them also. She knows and understands how great they really are.

[i]The week before thanksgiving, our stock trailer was stolen. And the day before thanksgiving the same person attempted to steal two horses, including my own that i board there. And then yesterday or later in the night, it was broken into and all of our tack was stolen. All saddles and 3 lawn mowers stored in the back were stolen.[/i]

How do they know it's the same people?

Anyway, get it out to the media and there will be lots of people willing to do what's needed.

Same tire tracks and it looks like the same tools used to cut the locks. and plus, why would two DIFFERENT groups use the similiar tools to get similiar things?

some people out there are just cruel. stealing from people trying to help special needs kids.

Just got your text.. So sorry to hear that. Atleast the horses are all ok. I will be tuning in at 5 on the news.

Can you post a description of the tack taken, in case it turns up somewhere it might be recognized? I would post it on craigslist.com too, there and in surrounding areas - amazing how much stuff it bought/sold/traded on craigslist. Put a big bold notice on there that tack was stolen, what kind of place it was taken from, and so close to Christmas, etc......might appeal to someone's sense of goodness. Even a small reward might help too.

Jan

Latest posts

Back